Mares HD vs GALILEO SOL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couldn't disagree more. No issues whatsoever with mine. I found the SOL to be be be very hard to read UW and the compass sucked. And as far as the service from Mares? Everytime I called there they were more then helpful in offering me assistance. Maybe they just dont like you??

Maybe the Sol does not like you? :)

Been diving a Mares HD for just over a year now. While the computer functions fine underwater, it refuses to connect with a computer to download dives. After a computer programmer I know tried to get it to sync with his PC we had to actually send it in to Mares to be fixed. Got it back and it connected to the Mac just once and then crapped out again. Their customer service has been less than adequate considering I paid full price for a computer that only does half of what they claim it will do and they are unwilling to do anything other than continue having me send it in to have them look at it again. In other words, I have a Mares HD for sale and it's real cheap.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, it's appreciated.

I ended up buying the Galileo, love it so far. It's so easy to use compared to my old VT3. Question, is there anyway to erase the dive history, log book?

They are real close units with much of the same features however I like the display on the Mares Icon better. But if you are a gadget guy the Scubapro Sol has better gadgets like one of the best download software’s out there! And the hart rate monitor is pretty cool. We purchased all of the mares Icon upgrade trade in units that had… we have them for sale at $425.00 now they are no longer able to be air intergraded but at $425.00 you could get the sol and use the Mares Icon as a back up!

Let us know if we can help.

Joe and Larry

Back
Top Bottom