mares frontier vs. avanti quattro power

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemistress

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
has anyone tried mares frontier full-foot fin? how does it compare to the avanti quattro power full-foot fin?

i have, and love, two pair of open-heel fins, avanti quattros and apollo biofins. but i'd like a pair of full-foot fins for lap swimming/snorkeling/occasional diving.

any recs appreciated.

thanks,

judith

My wife has got one pair of Frontier.
Yhey are pretty and she enjoys them for snorkeling.

But in my opinion, if you are used to more efficient fins (quatro power) you will not find them so great. But for swimming/snorkeling they will do the job.

I guess the Mares Avanti HP are a better choice, even if less colourfull.

DM, you have a couple of pairs of perfectly good fins. Why go to the expense of another pair?

From an exercise POV you are better off using the same fins so that you work the right muscles at the right intensity. IMHO switching to another fin would defeat this purpose.

If I do pool laps or snorkelling I use the same adjustable fins & booties I would if I was diving.

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom