Mares Drak error w Puck: "index was outside the bounds of the array"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My guess? Max_Array_Size +1 lol

Well duh, but is it n^2 - 1, or some artificial uintMaxArraySize, is the question. I mean, it's hard to believe it's actually Uint32 - 1.

Well duh, but is it n^2 - 1, or some artificial uintMaxArraySize, is the question. I mean, it's hard to believe it's actually Uint32 - 1.

Dollars to donuts it is some artificial limit.

Mares tech support in the USA responded that the software team in Italy is on holiday during August, so may not hear back from them for a few weeks.

Seems strange that now this would happen. The Puck has limited memory and the old dives are deleted / overwritten by the new ones. I've been at that limit with old dives rolling off the Puck for a long time.

Mares tech support in the USA responded that the software team in Italy is on holiday during August, so may not hear back from them for a few weeks.

Seems strange that now this would happen. The Puck has limited memory and the old dives are deleted / overwritten by the new ones. I've been at that limit with old dives rolling off the Puck for a long time.

At first glance it looks like the error is on the download side: Drak software evidently has a limit on the number of dives it can store. The limit can't be an unsigned 32-bit integer that the error popup mentions because that's 4-billion-someting and it would take longer than existence of the human species to make that many dives of any real duration. Even with one-minute dives it'd take thousands of years.

At first glance it looks like the error is on the download side: Drak software evidently has a limit on the number of dives it can store. The limit can't be an unsigned 32-bit integer that the error popup mentions because that's 4-billion-someting and it would take longer than existence of the human species to make that many dives of any real duration. Even with one-minute dives it'd take thousands of years.

That's what I wondered, and thus tried to force Drak to have no dives in it's data. I moved the data file & renamed, and reinstalled Drak.

BTDT...

That there brings back some funny (not really) memories.

As to Mares Software Team in Italy.... I once heard the same story, and I have a 4+ year old ticket that seems to never be important enough to them.... Apparently Mares support truly reinforces the very important rule of scuba: don't hold your breadth.

Simply put, ditch the garbage Mares software, and go with Subsurface as long as you want to use that PDC (and there are so much better choices). It will work. I still keep a Puck going for my daughter.

You might be able to export your dive log from their crap software to keep your log intact....

BTDT...

That there brings back some funny (not really) memories.

As to Mares Software Team in Italy.... I once heard the same story, and I have a 4+ year old ticket that seems to never be important enough to them.... Apparently Mares support truly reinforces the very important rule of scuba: don't hold your breadth.

Simply put, ditch the garbage Mares software, and go with Subsurface as long as you want to use that PDC (and there are so much better choices). It will work. I still keep a Puck going for my daughter.

You might be able to export your dive log from their crap software to keep your log intact....

Bob,

I've downloaded SubSurface but the DRAK interface still reads "error". (I did buy a new interface as I thought the might be the problem..... I was wrong.). I've tried downloading to MacDive and DiveLog DT without success.

Sorry, no idea. It was always a kludge. I gave up on it and got my daughter a Shearwater Peregrine.... Now with the date issue, my Mares Puke just isn't worth any more effort....

Just pulled it out and found the battery died on it. Oh well....

Battery healthy? Assuming MS Windows - Is the driver recognized or is it errored?

EDIT:

I just saw you are using MAC - sorry, I will be of no help on that OS....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom