mares/dacor trade in program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a couple Dacor regs I'm considering on trading. I've owned the Olympic 400 for 20 plus years and the 360 for over 10. I purchased both used from a dive shop. Are they eligable as I'm not the original owner?

rooske41:
I have a couple Dacor regs I'm considering on trading. I've owned the Olympic 400 for 20 plus years and the 360 for over 10. I purchased both used from a dive shop. Are they eligable as I'm not the original owner?

You can go pull one out of a garbage can and trade it in... Does not matter if you got it new, used, from a pawn shop, garage sale, etc.

I have a Dacor octopus on my reg. Does this program provide a way to upgrade that along with the primary second stage?

scubautah:
I have a Dacor octopus on my reg. Does this program provide a way to upgrade that along with the primary second stage?

No... but octos normally just need a seat and a few o-rings... those parts are available, so we'd have no problem fixing up that. If it's something major wrong, like a cracked housing or the like, then the cost of replacement parts would equal a new one anyway. Or if you need new exhaust T, etc... then their might be a problem. It's one of those things where the easiest thing is to have someone take a look at it and then make the judgement call.

And worst case... if it can't be fixed up... you can get into a brand new octo for as little as $50.00...

Thanks for the support to all.

Per Debra's question, we have had a great response as of Aug.1. All upgrades have been processed and shipped from our warehouse within two days of receipt.

Phil

I haven't been on for a couple of months, so I must have missed something: what is the reference to "and of course... then the SB deal :wink: " Is there some additional $ incentive for SB members? :06:

scubatoys:
The deal is you can take any old dacor reg.. anything before 2000 and send it to us and get a new Mares Abyss for $299 (and of course... then the SB deal :wink: ) Or pick up a MR12 Rebel for $149.

By the time you look at what a rebuild on one of the old regs would run anyway... If there were parts... It's a pretty cool deal.

frenzer3:
I haven't been on for a couple of months, so I must have missed something: what is the reference to "and of course... then the SB deal :wink: " Is there some additional $ incentive for SB members? :06:

I notice you are in Illinois. If you are interested in this program, I can refer you to an authorized Mares dealer in northern IL. We offer all 4 of the models in the program.

Julie

frenzer3:
Larry offeres additional discounts for SB member.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom