mares/dacor trade in program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was just wondering how many members are going to try the new Mares/Dacor trade in program for old Dacor regulators. What old Dacor model are you trading for which new one. I have sent in 2 Dacor 360's and have chosen to purchase the Mares Abyss models.

The deal is you can take any old dacor reg.. anything before 2000 and send it to us and get a new Mares Abyss for $299 (and of course... then the SB deal :wink: ) Or pick up a MR12 Rebel for $149.

By the time you look at what a rebuild on one of the old regs would run anyway... If there were parts... It's a pretty cool deal.

Phil Mintz (director of sales and marketing for mares/dacor) announced this new program while discussing problems with the dacor websight not working. To get more information about the Mares/dacor tradeup program see www.scubaboard.com./t107121-.html Selected Dacor regulators made before 2000 maybe traded up to a new Mares/Dacor model ...... there are 6 regulators to choose from ranging in price from $149 to $299. I chose the Abyss at $299 ...... many online retailers and LDS are partipating in this program (including ScubaToys) ...... I happened to choose a different retailer becase they gave me more information about the program, requirements and list of what was offered. This program was developed by Mares/Dacor to help the many Dacor regulator owners who purchased their products in good faith and found that they couldn't get parts or service anymore. I have been very out spoken about this problem and now I willing to give their company a 2nd chance. I'm hopeing that the new Mares/Dacor company will return to the high standards of customer service that were set by the "family" owned business before the buyout happened.

They actually have 4 regs available in the program... but we have chosen to only offer the 2 Mares units - and not the 2 Dacor offerings.

Here is the page that explains it: Mares Dacor Trade Up Program

Larry's right ..... Phil sent me a price list of regulators and I thought there were 6 ..... my mistake ..... only 4 ..... "sorry about that chief" (famous quote from Maxwell Smart)

scubapro50:
Larry's right ..... Phil sent me a price list of regulators and I thought there were 6 ..... my mistake ..... only 4 ..... "sorry about that chief" (famous quote from Maxwell Smart)

Larry isn't talking into his shoe though 99. :D
And don't start about being 86'd. :wink:

Darn! I had my Dacor Extreme rebuilt to the tune of $150 this spring.
I wish this this program had started earlier, I'd be diving an Abyss today!

We have had several people trade their regs in so far and all have chosen the Abyss. We are offering the Dacor models if someone REALLY wants them I will sell them BUT I am really pushing the Abyss. I feel it is a better value than the rest.

http://www.siscuba.com/Dacor Computer Trade-In Program.htm

I am anxious to see the turn around rate on the trade-in. Will keep you posted.

Land Locked:
Darn! I had my Dacor Extreme rebuilt to the tune of $150 this spring.
I wish this this program had started earlier, I'd be diving an Abyss today!
You have until September 2006, so just trade it in next year when you go to get that service done again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom