Mares Contact Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can someone send me a contact info for Mares that WORKS?

I am really disappointed with my new dive computer from them... they claim that software runs with Windows 7 6-bits but doesn't so I paid full price for something that doesn't work properly and support just doesn't know what to do (assumed that they tested at Win 7 32-bits though).

Crappy support... never again :(

Regards,

Sergio Dantas

Hi Sergio, Have you tried talking to one our computer engineers at Mares - Software Support - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software? If that doesn't work they are also monitoring the Mares FB. https://www.facebook.com/MARESjustaddwater. I am not 100% familiar with all operating systems, but if they say it works, it really should. Either one of those contact points should help to steer you in the correct direction. I hope this helps.

Zak O'Hara,

Tried to contact... quite friendly but helpless... I tried at a friend's older PC and works... mine has nothing special, regular use, but it is Win 7 64-bit and does not work at all...

Will follow your recommendation and post at mares FB page... will probably get deleted...

Thanks

99% of websites have a little "contact us" link, but not mares, i've been waiting 2 weeks for a reply from them now when i finally found their contact details, still no reply, i only want a bezel for my compass, so now i will be buying a new OCEANIC console as i won't buy mares again and i will make sure my dive centre never buys mares again if this is their level of service

Zak, thanks for the infos about contacting Mares but nothing to do, after 30 minutes trying to find a simple email like info@mares.com, I could not find anything following your recommendation. Therefore one simple solution and quicker, to register with the scubaboard and have a blog with someone....

i have purchased a pair of Wave fins from Mares and have faced a catastrophic workmanship on these fins. I did not want a refund or to have them changed ( even if purchased less than a year ago), I just wanted to propose to send pictures of the fins after only 40 dives in the Maldives. I am a professional photographer and fin a lot, move a lot and the Maldives can have some nasty current... nevertheless, I did not expect to loose half my fins in the process. I would like to know if anyone has had the same adventure with these fins or did I just got a friday afternoon model? From the manufacturer of the Quattro, I was surprised....

I have some Volo power fins, bought them in 2011 but did not use them till 2012. OK I am an instructor and they get fairly regular use, probably about 150 dives per year. They are falling to bits but interestingly enough I have never had a problem with the finstraps. Now as a bench mark would you expect the straps to outlive the fins themselves? I have been looking for a UK contact to talk to about this but I cannot find anything online anywhere? Anyone help?

Jonno,
At the www.mares.com see the link at the top "sales network", from there you can navigate to either dealer or distributor for the country or province you are seeking. The fins have a 2 year warranty against manufacturer defect used in normal recreational diving conditions. I can not estimate if your fins are a warranty claim over the internet, however I would guess not. Instructors generally user their equipment as a tool and will often put 5-10 times the amount of wear on a product than the average diver. They spend a lot of time in a pool, tips dragging on the gunite surface prematurely wearing the fin down. More environmental exposure (sun, boat decks, etc) (just an example).. When I speak about instructors and their equipment, I don't believe they should expect their tools of the trade to last as long as what the average consumer would expect. Especially products that are under the most abuse and constructed of multiple materials including rubber and plastics. Another example, I have a saw that I use at home to build small projects once in a while.. A contractor that builds houses couldn't expect the same amount of life out of the same saw blade if he used it at work. Again this is just my opinion, but the expectation needs to be a little different from the "professional". Having said that, you are absolutely within your right to contact any Mares dealer, or distributor near you to see if they can determine your fins are breaking down prematurely, or there truly is a manufacturer defect.

RE: the straps. The latex straps you most likely have are extremely durable and will last a long time, as long as they are not abused in a way they were not designed to operate.

I hope this helps, I still encourage you to speak to someone close to you within the Mares sales network or organization if you still feel that your fins are still breaking down prematurely.

Best regards,

Thanks for getting back to me Zak. Firstly regarding fin straps, the point i was making was that I would hardly expect a fin strap to outlive the fin. Interesting that you mention the pool stuff, I seldom teach Open water and when I do I use full foot fins in the pool.

I followed your link thanks, I am curiously in an unrecognised country so I tend to default to the UK. I am not wildly keen on bothering some poor shop with this and would really like to discus this with an equivalent of yourself in the UK, however when I ask for distributor, it gives me none.

I accept what you say about pressures of use but we are very seasonal here, trading to the max 5 months of the year I probably do about as many dives as i did in the UK when I was not running a dive centre. This is my second pair of Volo fins (snapped my last, my fault) but interestingly enough the first pair of fins I bought were Mares Avanti ones,some 12 years or more ago and they are currently in my centre stock and working fine after a huge amount of use

I could really use a UK contact please, if you prefer I could PM you my e-mail address.

Hi Jonno,
I don't understand why you cant find our distributor in the UK on the website. This shows up on the map when I enter United Kingdom in the search.. this is the contact I would try.

mares_lab.png

2 Beezon Road - Kendal Cumbria
LA96BW KENDAL

Tel.: +44 (0)1539 724 740 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting
numbers_button_skype_logo.png
+44 (0)1539 724 740 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax.: +44 (0)1539 730 955
e.bulmer@uk.mares.com

I guess the thing that seems unclear is that most of us these days expect a single contact page of
UK - info@mares.co.uk
US - info@mares.com etc etc.
Now you explain how it works it makes sense but from the uninitiated it seems confusing. Hence why I'm here as I was confused trying to find an email because of a problem on my hybrid's suspension system snapping and not knowing who/how to contact mares.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom