Mares Avanti superchannel fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ValanceRG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey guys. how many people use these fins? and how good are they? looking to order a pair very soon.

I bought a pair for a recent trip to Kona. They're light and have a very comfortable foot pocket. I had read the reviews rating them as among the top performers~ and while I'm not disappointed in their performance, I wouldn't say I was overly impressed. I have the Apollo splits with spring straps, and I like their power better. Just seems like effortless thrust compared to anything else I've used. These Mares are good for snorkeling and for light weight travel, but I'd rather have the Apollos along if given the choice. I will say that for the money, the Mares are a very good value.

hey guys. how many people use these fins? and how good are they? looking to order a pair very soon.

I have always liked Mares fins. From what I've read, they are a good fin for a moderate price.

I bought a pair of the "full foot" version and used them for the first time back in May and loved them. I wanted something lighter to travel with and they are the ticket. It's probably all I'll travel with from now on unless I'm headed to Bonaire or somewhere else you do a lot of shore diving.

I think for the money they are one of the best fins on the market. You won't be disappointed.

BDSC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom