Mares Avanti Quattro vs Excel+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PSFlyer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can you guys tell me the difference in performance, feel, stiffness between Mares Avanti Quattro and Mares Excel+ fins. I will use them for mostly warm water, wearing a 3 mm and a single tank, some tough current on occasion. My favorite kicking style is frog.

I am thinking of changing my Quatros (bought used and by now totally beat up) into a new pair of fins. What difference am I going to feel if I go with Excel+. Can someone that has possibly used both shed some light on this before I make a decision. Thanks in advance.

PS. I've considered and written off Scubapro Nova's and Mares X-Streams for various reasons - so now I m just trying to decide: new pair of Avanti's Quatro or new experience with excel+. Please help with any details and insights you may have. Thanks.

Excel's are stiffer than Quattro's, & probably have more snap on the return. The + means the foot pocket has been redesigned, better shape, softer materials.

I recently purchased excel+ to replace my 15yo quattro's and have done 20 odd dives in them.

They require more strength than the quattro's as they are bigger and stiffer but I find I can propel myself with small kicks with minimal effort. If I kick with long strokes to try to swim fast, they can tire me out.

They are very powerfull for frog kicking. I find Im frog kicking alot in them where I wouldnt much in the quattro's.

The buckle is harder to use than on my quattro's but its not a deal breaker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom