Mares Avanti Quatro Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cerveza

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
In january of 2006 i purchased a pair of Mares Avanti Quatro Excel fins from Scubastore - Diving Gear and Dive Equipment, Diveinn i never used the fins until October 2006, now approximetly 100 dives later they are starting to fall apart, Whats happening is the opaque plastic insert on the fin part is coming away from the fin, now if it was just the one fin i wouldnt be too concerned, however its both fins and the problem is identical on each fin (looks like they havent been glued properly in Manufacturing) obviously the fins were quite expensive and i expect much more than 100 dives from them, What course of action can i take (if any) to be sent a replacement pair, thanks

I am sorry you are having trouble with your fins. Your first course of action should be to contact the place of purchase. Tell them the problem and they will handle the matter. You should have your dated proof of purchase.

Regards,

Phil

Thanks for the info Phil, i have contacted the company i purchased the fins from, however as the company is in Spain, i am led to believe they do not have to replace purchases if its over a period of 2 years since the original purchase date (its a legal requirement in Spain that up to 2 years the purchase has to be replaced/recompensed,) however i keep my fingers crossed that some goodwill is shown, thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom