Mares and Dacor Whats Up ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GotAir

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
mmcdds said
Dacor has been purchased by Mares and I was told several months ago by one of my LDS (a Mares/Dacor dealer) that the Dacor name would cease to exist after January 1st. He also told me that he wasn't sure whether or not Mares would continue to manufacture Dacor regs, which left me questioning whether or not I wanted to purchase a Dacor product(at the time my son wanted a Dacor Viper).

I cant get aholed of my LDS, he's not around when i call. and he is the only LDS in my area. I just bought All dacor stuff new! BC REG Gauges Octo mask fins suit sheeesh even my booties. I'm the posterchild for dacor now!!. Whats going to happen now?. does anyone have alittle more info than mmcdds on this subject. am I going to be able to get parts and service for my equipment or should i just run the wheels off of it and then get something else.

Mike

GotAir:
mmcdds said

I cant get aholed of my LDS, he's not around when i call. and he is the only LDS in my area. I just bought All dacor stuff new! BC REG Gauges Octo mask fins suit sheeesh even my booties. I'm the posterchild for dacor now!!. Whats going to happen now?. does anyone have alittle more info than mmcdds on this subject. am I going to be able to get parts and service for my equipment or should i just run the wheels off of it and get something else.

Mike

Why would Mares leave you in the cold and make an angry ex-customer out of you? They almost certainly acquired Dacor for market share (clearly can't be their products) and I'm sure they're smart enough to treat their new customers with respect so they don't go running to the competition. That's exactly what these mergers are meant to avoid.

R..

This has been happening over the last few years, ever since the merger. Mares has been discontinuing alot of the older Dacor line. Many of the new Dacor products are just rebadged Mares products. If you have a newer Dacor reg or BC, no worries just yet. They are most likely made by Mares. IMO, Dacor doesnt have much of a product line left anyway. I dont know when it will happen, nor have I heard a definitive date as to when Dacor will cease to exist, but I do expect it soon...

for taking the time to answer all of my PM's I sent to you :thumb:. I usually would say this. I dance with the one I took to the dance, but in Dacors case she's stepping all over my feet, and she looks like a runaway bride also. so I'm looking around for the brand you recommended to me. like i told you I live in the Boonedocks so getting service on the Apeks regs is going to be one of the consideration in getting one. Thanks Again!

Mike

YOu're welcome... Good Luck with the search... And, if you cant find a repair tech to service your Apeks reg, PM me again, and I can give you the name of a great repair tech that you can ship your reg to, and he can take care of it quickly for you...

Back
Top Bottom