Mares Abyss 22 hose protector removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BubbleDive

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

I have the latest Abyss 22 regulator but after some dives I want to replace the original hose with a longer one. The manual of most Mares regulators just say to 'pull the protector away from the regulator' but there is no manual that explains how to do so on my model.
You can't just pull it off because it is hooked in the regulator itself :s.
Anyone know how to do this?

greets

Put second in a little hot water to soften the protector and use a flat screw driver to separate the hose protector from the reg at the junction while pulling. Works for me.

Be careful taking the hose off from the 2nd stage. The hose screws into a fitting which then screws into the reg. remove just the hose and you'll be fine but remove the fitting and you may have to get the reg serviced.

Put second in a little hot water to soften the protector and use a flat screw driver to separate the hose protector from the reg at the junction while pulling. Works for me.

Did the trick. Thank you very much!

Hello, do you already have the original abyss hose protector? i'm looking for it. If you have it, so how much do you want to sell it and ship to italy? Tnx 4 ur attention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom