March in Cozumel 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the directions.. I'll be there unless I'm lost at sea..

I'm getting in contact with Christi to see if I can work my way aboard a few charters.. It would be great to make a night dive with you all as well.

That would be great. Last trip we did a night dive at Villa Blanca Wall and it was one of the best we've done. I'll see if I can't talk Pedro into doing that one again.

As always, great shots Joe.....so will you be posting pics daily in about 6 more days? See ya on 23rd!
Thanks Cindy!
I think so??? I got the hosting thing down at the home PC (quick process now). Might only be a pic or two, per day, while we're down there on the laptop but once I get home... Can I put them in this forum? Any objections to a Pix post in the Cozumel forum??? (Dial-up beware)? I'm gonna do a daily log (I say that every year)... I gotta do this sleep thing now though, Joe is very tired.
Light fresh snow.... Pic of my Mom, a few weeks ago, running the little blower she can operate:

Compared to this>>>:

OR this:

Ohhhhh I can't wait!!! Sorry for the high jack BT

Last edited:
Joe, no need to apologize to me as it's not my thread, I'm just the keeper of the list. I may try to post a few pics each day myself if time allows. Vacations can be awfully hectic though with all that diving and relaxing going on. :cool2:

Is there any reason to bring a 3/5mm long wetsuit along for this trip, or will a 3mm shorty work for night dives?

Thanks,
David

I dive a 3/2 full in Coz year round, day & night. The 3mm shorty probably wouldn't be enough for me and the 3/5 full might be a little overkill but then everyone's internal thermostat is different. I've seen many other people do night dives there in 3mm shorties and they were fine though.

Sue and I will have to miss the get together at the Mission tonight, we are stuck in DFW after a plane delay due to our plane at Ohare flying into a flock of geese and having to turn back for an emergency landing. All is well but it delayed us for a couple of hours and we had to change planes, I guess the first one was covered in feathers? Anyways, by the time we got to Dallas we missed are connecting flight to Cozumel and now are flying into Cancun and doing the ferry ride. We won't get to Cancun until around 7:15 P.M. so a 7:00 P.M. dinner in San Miguel is out.

We'll be diving tomorrow though and see ya'll at Wet Wendy's on Saturday. Sue's a little frazzeled, something about fire trucks lining the runways? I've medicated her now and she's better. Tequila works fast. :)

Sue and I will have to miss the get together at the Mission tonight, we are stuck in DFW after a plane delay due to our plane at Ohare flying into a flock of geese and having to turn back for an emergency landing. All is well but it delayed us for a couple of hours and we had to change planes, I guess the first one was covered in feathers? Anyways, by the time we got to Dallas we missed are connecting flight to Cozumel and now are flying into Cancun and doing the ferry ride. We won't get to Cancun until around 7:15 P.M. so a 7:00 P.M. dinner in San Miguel is out.

We'll be diving tomorrow though and see ya'll at Wet Wendy's on Saturday.

Hey - shouldn't you be boarding about right now? haha! Hope the ritas at the airport helped and I'll wait for your call tonight - as I said, it doesn't matter how late! Have a safe trip!!!!!

Hey - shouldn't you be boarding about right now? haha! Hope the ritas at the airport helped and I'll wait for your call tonight - as I said, it doesn't matter how late! Have a safe trip!!!!!

:D We take off at 4:35 P.M.

Is there any reason to bring a 3/5mm long wetsuit along for this trip, or will a 3mm shorty work for night dives?

Personally, I have been diving CZM for years and I never dive in less than a full 3 mm suit year round! But then I don't like being even a little chilled!... Hey, I guess I'm just a pansy! This time of the year I will probably even wear a hood or (more likely) a 1 mm hooded vest under my 3 mm..The water (to me) is still a bit cool!.... Like I said, I hate being cold! I have seen lots of people jump in with nothing more than trunks and a T-shirt on, though, and they seemed to do just fine! It's really a very individual thing.... I noticed on your profile picture you are in a dry suit!... Uh, that may be overkill! :D LMAO.. Looking forward to meeting you there!

IMG_2186.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom