March 2012 ...The "Who's in Cozumel" LIST!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sounds like it's time for us to get together for a blue angel sunset and happy hour! I have group leaving today, so am reasonably free in the late afternoons the coming week... want to grab a bite?

kari
. Sure thing. Name a day and time. And give me a clue of how to identify you. I'm assuming all the staff can point you out.

Hi everyone,

I'll be in flying into Cancun 2/28 and flying back out on 3/5.

My plan was to stay in Playa the first 2 days to dive the cenotes (never done that before) then rendezvous with my girl on day 3 for Talum & tourist stuff. On March 3rd we are heading to Cozumel and I'll be doing 2 days of diving while she relaxes. I've signed up with Living Underwater as they say they have a small fast boat, Nitrox & cater to advanced divers.

I haven't finalized with Living Underwater, my cenote plan or a hotel so if anyone has some suggestions or concerns could you pass those along.

Thank you,,, Also if anyone would like to get together we will buy the 1st round :)

Danny

:snorkel: March 2012
snorkel.gif

02/26/12 - 03/05/12 - jerk85 w/ non-diving fiancee, Hotel Cozumel, Living Underwater
02/29/12 - 03/10/12 - fred3798 & Rhonda, Presidente InterContinental, Blue XT Sea
03/01/12 - 03/31/12 - MMM, 'my house', Living Underwater
03/02/10 - 03/10/12 - Token & wife, Villa Las Anclas, diving ???
03/02/12 - 03/12/12 - frontiernurse, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
03/03/12 - 03/04/12 - danny.hightower & GF, staying ???, Living Underwater ???
03/05/12 - 03/12/12 - Brian2828, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel Dive Shop
03/05/12 - 03/16/12 - bearhere & Hubby, Staying ???, Jeremy/Living Underwater
03/09/12 - 03/17/12 - wjwitt & Wife, Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
03/09/12 - 03/18/12 - Diver Kat (Kathy & Alan), Fiesta Americana, Scuba with Alison
o3/10/12 - 03/14/12 - beechdiver ( Bill and Renate), Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
03/10/12 - 03/17/12 - Paco & Mike, Lisa, Beth, Tyler, Craig, Judy, Stephanie, Tyler, Keith, Becky + ??, Hotel Cozumel, Cozumel Marine World
03/10/12 - 03/18/12 - scubavaquera 'my house', Dive Paradise
03/10/12 - 03/20/12 - Prop Joe (Joe & Kim), Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
03/10/12 - 03/20/12 - TVMark (Mark), Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
03/10/12 - 03/20/12 - ts8501 (Tim), Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
03/10/12 - 03/20/12 - fishmankevin (Kevin & Nancy), Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
03/12/12 - 03/16/12 - PaulVS, (Paul & Jill), Fiesta Americana, Dive House
03/16/12 - 03/21/12 - Wah, Presidente InterContinental, diving ???
03/16/12 - 03/25/12 - tom_n_tacoma & wife, w/ a couple of friends, 'our house', Blue Angel
03/19/12 - 03/28/12 - kentmorrdave, VillaBlanca, Living Underwater
03/20/12 - 03/25/12 - dogface79, Park Royal, Opal's Dream
03/21/12 - 03/28/12 - njones259, Suites Bahia, Opal's Dream
03/21/12 - 03/31/12 - pjhansman & wife, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
03/24/12 - 03/31/12 - Mayor & makeusleep (wife), Cozumel Palace, Aldora Divers
03/24/12 - 03/31/12 - PowerDude & wife, Cozumel Palace, Aldora Divers
03/30/12 - 04/07/12 - robint (Robin & Ron), Scuba Club Cozumel

Last edited:
I'm in with non-diver fiancee 2/26 -3/5. Staying at Hotel Cozumel and diving with Living Underwater (28th-3rd, though hoping to add the 27th if Jeremy has an opening)

Thanks for the updated list!

It looks like Blue Angel Resorts and Living Underwater are being used by several people so that helps quite a bit. I'm checking availability with both now. :)

Has anyone dove the cenotes in Playa? I'm just trying to decide if I should do 1 day or 2 days there... I want to shoot video and stills with my Canon T2I setup and having never dove cenotes I'm worried i might not get "keepers" on the 1st try...

Hey d.h! Happy to add you to the list ... the more the merrier! :D No help to you on the cenotes, we just never seem to make it over to the mainland - even though we talk about doing it! I'm sure someone will chime in with info. Or if you want quicker results, start a separate thread as more people may look at it - rather than just the March people here.

If it were up to me, I'd leave the cenotes for another time. You're nice and close to Cozumel and will probably be back. I'm a Living Underwater fan, first and foremost (having dived with them for almost a decade) but also like Blue Angel. They are QUITE different though. I like LU for the steel tanks and longer bottom times. Also the valet gear service and long beach surface interval. They are more money than Blue Angel which uses aluminum tanks (like most ops on the island) and does a shorter surface interval on the boat or at a pier. You haul and wash your own gear. But they are also considerably less expensive, have free shore diving and because they have many boats, are better able to group divers by ability. Both have excellent DMs and both have good boats (I think LU has the edge on that one). Your choice should reflect which of these features are most important to you as opposed to whether there are a lot of people booked with one or the other. Both are quite reputable. Maybe I'll see you on the boat....

I'm heading off on Friday for my first dive with LU for this trip. I broke my ankle a couple of months ago and I've been waiting until the swelling had gone down enough that I could cram my foot into my bootie and was sure I could do stairs with sufficient ease that I could hike up and down the ladder. I think that day has arrived. Wish me luck!

Thanks for the updated list!

It looks like Blue Angel Resorts and Living Underwater are being used by several people so that helps quite a bit. I'm checking availability with both now. :)

Has anyone dove the cenotes in Playa? I'm just trying to decide if I should do 1 day or 2 days there... I want to shoot video and stills with my Canon T2I setup and having never dove cenotes I'm worried i might not get "keepers" on the 1st try...

danny, do one cenote day early in your trip. Gives you time to go back if you wish. Or get the "keeper" on the next trip to the area.

Hey Kat--clean out your PM box..SB says it's full and that you can't except any more messages...hahahaha
I tried to pm you and couldn't.

We will be in town March 24 - April 1

Staying at Villa blanca and diving with Opal's Dream.

Look out Monkey, here we come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom