March, 2011 Ogden Point Breakwater video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome!

Just curious, do you walk out along the top of the breakwater when you dive at the end? In your video I noticed that there are "step" blocks at the end to get down to the water but I have only walked out at water level before - which is difficult with barnacles, surge etc.

I agree - great video!
I've taken to using a collapsible garden cart that I can get through the "gate" at the head of the breakwater. Nice stroll to the very end and then I just carry everything down to a good level on the blocks. Lots of room to kit up. Found got too pooped and too hot to walk all that way in full gear.

Awesome!

Just curious, do you walk out along the top of the breakwater when you dive at the end? In your video I noticed that there are "step" blocks at the end to get down to the water but I have only walked out at water level before - which is difficult with barnacles, surge etc.

Usually I walk out along the top set of bottom blocks (If that makes sense), but on one of my recent dives I walked out on the top of the breakwater. There are blocks at the end to let you climb down. Usually I don't walk out on the top because then you're committed to going all the way to the end. I usually make 2 trips. One with my camera and bailout bottle and then I put on the rest of my stuff and walk out for the dive. I don't walk out at water level since there's lots of barnacles/seaweed/waves/etc. Also If you want to go past the second corner (where I always go), you have to climb up to the top set anyways since the lower ones are blocked.

I agree - great video!
I've taken to using a collapsible garden cart that I can get through the "gate" at the head of the breakwater. Nice stroll to the very end and then I just carry everything down to a good level on the blocks. Lots of room to kit up. Found got too pooped and too hot to walk all that way in full gear.

Oh, and I always hose my head down with water from the dive shop before walking out, even in winter. Otherwise, definitely too hot.

Did you shoot this with your rebel or did you get a new video cam? And whats with all the big octos lately? Breeding season?

I get an error message from Vimeo 'oops something broke, please try again later'. Same as last night. Can anyone else watch the video on vimeo at the moment?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom