Mapping PI Dive Sites on Google Maps...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

which reminds me, il add the website of the resorts in the description window.

BabyD, il add the pictures to the divesites once the dive flags are up for Culasi Area. im not sure i can pin dive flags for Panay Explorers unless i have a good map to based it on. :D

What are some other features that would help people looking to dive in the country for the first time or maybe trying a new locatiton?

Just thinking out loud here...

1) Dive site descriptions - (Time consuming if we input our own personal comments; if any dive shops that already have descriptions on their sites are OK with us using their text with credits and links to their dive shop, or links to trip reports on scubaboard)?

2) Travel advice e.g. how to get there - plane? boat? car transfer? etc... links to airline, ferry, etc. websites for schedules.

3) Where individual map details allow it, restaurant/ shop/ "entertainment" guides? Could be a problem for places like Boracay where the resolution of the island map isn't very good...

edit: Any other suggestions on improving the map are appreciated, especially if there are any problem loading them, inaccurate info, etc...

This is what the map currently looks like...

PPD Philippine Dive Map

great job guys! dont forget dive sites in the cagayan de oro area: camiguin, mantangale and duka bay. sorry i cant help. slow connection and i flunked geography.

great job guys! dont forget dive sites in the cagayan de oro area: camiguin, mantangale and duka bay. sorry i cant help. slow connection and i flunked geography.

well if you or anyone comes across a dive site map for those regions online somewhere, link it here... thnx

This map is awesome. after a while I get a little eye strain going. It is almost like looking at this thing. WooHoo, the room is spinning.

Ok, cool. If you use Google they have a great map! If you slide the map down to Panay from Mindoro you'll see it. This is one really cool map!!!

which reminds me, il add the website of the resorts in the description window.

BabyD, il add the pictures to the divesites once the dive flags are up for Culasi Area. im not sure i can pin dive flags for Panay Explorers unless i have a good map to based it on. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom