Manufacturer condones Warsaw Grouper slaughter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swankenstein:
Carefull...... most divers on this board hate marine life (or at least wouldn't mind if the wolfeel/grouper/moray they saw during a dive was speared). All you have to do is start a thread on whales and you'll see what I mean. Maybe they're right though. After all, since the advent of scuba, the population of large fish in shallow coastal waters has gone up right?
Um, hello? Where the heck did you pull THAT from?

If you took a poll, you would find that the statement you made is slander. If you hate marine life, you don't take up a sport that places you directly into the only places where marine life congregates.

Kim:
I thought that a troll was someone who posted something which they themselves cared little about with the sole purpose of eliciting strong responses.
Here ya go!
swankenstein:
Carefull...... most divers on this board hate marine life
I'm only suggest that this sentance is troll-ish, because I don't think swankenstein really believes that most SB posters hate marine life. You don't really think that, do you?

I think most SB posters like marine life. Both in the water and on the plate.

Rick Inman:
Here ya go!

I'm only suggest that this sentance is troll-ish, because I don't think swankenstein really believes that most SB posters hate marine life. You don't really think that, do you?

I think most SB posters like marine life. Both in the water and on the plate.
Come on. Everyone knows I'm a very serious person and not at all sarcastic. In this case though, while I don't think most people "hate" marine life, they are pretty quick to attack someone who naively suggests that "conservation" means "not killing". After all we eat cows don't we? I guess my mindset is formed by local left-wing, pansy social norms, where if someone shows up here at a dive site with a speargun the air will be let out of their tires. Or maybe my rambling is the result of too much nitrogen.

TwoBitTxn:
Andy, are the limits daily limits or possession limits? At least in Texas, there is a difference.
TwoBit

great question. this has been a learning experience for me on how to interpret
these regulations.

Recreational Fishing:

in Florida waters, you get 1 per vessel per day

in Federal waters, it looks like it's 1 per vessel per trip (because it doesn't
differentiate between daily and posession limits, so i'm assuming it's the same)

Commercial Fishing:

Warsaw grouper harvesting is not permitted in Florida waters.

In Federal waters, possession limit is 1.02 million lbs of gutted weight.

swankenstein:
Alright, you caught me. I have sharp teeth and live under a bridge.
Which means that, in your avatar, you're the one on the left.

:wink:

swankenstein:
Alright, you caught me. I have sharp teeth and live under a bridge.

Careful, those south of the 49 don't have the selection of British comedies that we grew up on so sarcasm isn't their strong suit... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom