Manuel Antonio or Islas Tortuga in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex R

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'll be staying around Parrita, and I have time only for a day trip, sadly. Which site do y'all think is better at that time of year, based on visibility, lack of crowds, and diversity of creatures? Dive shop recs also appreciated! Thanks a lot!

From PArrita we are located about 20 minutes south. If you have one trip only, I would say Cano island. You can leave from Domincal so you are talking an hour drive, which would be the same if you were heading up to Tortuga. You can dive with the sharks and rays and have an incredible dive. Contact Oceans Unlimited and we can set it up for you. Happy bubbling!!

Manuel Antonio is AWESOME!!!!! Gorgeous views, tons of wildlife, hiking with critters on trails right next to the beautiful ocean! We loved it there and will go back! Have fun!
I'll be staying around Parrita, and I have time only for a day trip, sadly. Which site do y'all think is better at that time of year, based on visibility, lack of crowds, and diversity of creatures? Dive shop recs also appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Manuel Antonio is AWESOME!!!!! Gorgeous views, tons of wildlife, hiking with critters on trails right next to the beautiful ocean! We loved it there and will go back! Have fun!

I should probably mention that we're definitely spending more time in Manuel Antonio out of the water, so this debate is just about whether I should go back to get under the water.

Thanks for the Cano Island tip, @scubabunnycr! I was afraid that might be too far away. I'd love to see sharks and rays! What are my chances of running into them, at Cano or elsewhere? Pretty good?

Sorry about that! We didn't dive around Manuel Antonio so I don't know about the diving there. We went to MA after a LOB to Cocos which the awesome BTW! Have fun!
I should probably mention that we're definitely spending more time in Manuel Antonio out of the water, so this debate is just about whether I should go back to get under the water.

Thanks for the Cano Island tip, @scubabunnycr! I was afraid that might be too far away. I'd love to see sharks and rays! What are my chances of running into them, at Cano or elsewhere? Pretty good?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom