Manually Adding Dives to Log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can also go into the log and tell it what to number the next dive. This can get you back into the correct numbering sequence, even if it requires a duplicate.

^-- This
I have a bunch of duplicate numbers in my logged instructional dives. I log as one dive even if I'm on surface talking with a student for longer than my 360 sec "still one dive" interval.

I snooped around a little on the internet regarding SubSurface (I had never heard of it until Ralph mentioned it). People seem to really like it. And Linus appears to be sort of a god.
Subsurface (no CamelCase) is a hobby project. It does what it does. It does a few things well, I think (but I'm biased). And people love to hate for some of the side effects of it being a hobby projects. The UI (especially of the mobile app) is what we could come up with, not with what a marketing and design team created, for example. And generally we deal very very poorly with attempts to put commercial pressures on us :)

This is exactly what happened during my last dive. We came up very briefly just to check in and get our bearings, and the Peregrine reported it as two dives. And my guess is that since there is no way to manually add dives, there is no way to merge two dives that should be one. But with SubSurface...[cue evil laugher worthy of The Dark Side]
If you have two dives that should be one, it's trivial to merge them with the desktop version of Subsurface.

Whats a dive log?????

Ok in all seriousness I would a dedicated software/ excel or a paper log if your keeping track.

I don't keep track for bragging rights. It's just for strolls down memory lane. You know. For when I'm landlocked in the nursing home.

upload_2021-6-8_15-4-9.jpeg

Can you tell us how?
I remember stumbling upon it before. I’m pretty sure there is another way, but this one seems the easiest.

Highlight both dives, then right click. A menu should pop up and one of the options will be merge selected dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom