Manually Adding Dives to Log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patrick Star

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,

I have a new Peregrine and plan to log all dives going forward with Shearwater Cloud. I have bumped up the dive counter to make it accurately reflect where I currently am, but what to do with my old dives that are in my paper log book?

I fooled around with it a bit, but was unsuccessful in finding a way to manually create dive profiles for past dives. Am I missing it, or is this not possible?

Thank you.

You've got it backwards! :D My paper logbook has all my memories! Occasional pics taped to a page; a scribbled site map; weighting notations; cool things that happened, and of course the pertinent data copied from my electronic log. It's dog-eared and old, and it doesn't have all my dives, but when I'm trying to remember what weight I used with some wetsuit combination I had on a trip I only rarely dive, guess where I go? Not to my electronic log.
I'll even print out some of the more interesting deco profiles and tuck in the log.

But no. You can't insert previous profiles into either the Peregrine or Shearwater Cloud as far as I know. Shearwater Cloud is a bit of a disappointment compared to the graphic output of Subsurface. You can add dives there. But it's laborious.

The archaic Oceanic OceanLog app allows you manually enter dives not logged on you computer. I have done this a few times when I did not dive my VT3

Hello All,

I fooled around with it a bit, but was unsuccessful in finding a way to manually create dive profiles for past dives. Am I missing it, or is this not possible?

Thank you.

I suggest not worrying about your Shearwater dive count and use some other method to log your dives. There is no way to add dives or to manually merge dives. For example if we come to surface to get bearings then descend Shearwater logs that as two dives even though it's really one. I only reference Shearwater Cloud when I want the raw data otherwise I use SSI logbook and before that Diving Log.

Sam

I suggest not worrying about your Shearwater dive count and use some other method to log your dives. There is no way to add dives or to manually merge dives. For example if we come to surface to get bearings then descend Shearwater logs that as two dives even though it's really one. I only reference Shearwater Cloud when I want the raw data otherwise I use SSI logbook and before that Diving Log.

Sam
It's only 2 dives if you have your end dive set very short. I have mine set at 10 min

You've got it backwards! :D My paper logbook has all my memories! Occasional pics taped to a page; a scribbled site map; weighting notations; cool things that happened, and of course the pertinent data copied from my electronic log. It's dog-eared and old, and it doesn't have all my dives, but when I'm trying to remember what weight I used with some wetsuit combination I had on a trip I only rarely dive, guess where I go? Not to my electronic log.
I'll even print out some of the more interesting deco profiles and tuck in the log.

Absolutely.
There is no limit on what you can input into the paper log.
As long as the insect/worm does not get it eventually!

I am intrigued...

I snooped around a little on the internet regarding SubSurface (I had never heard of it until Ralph mentioned it). People seem to really like it. And Linus appears to be sort of a god. I think I may give it a go since my trend over the last few years has been toward paperless.

Truth be told Ralph, you had me at "dark side." :D

It's only 2 dives if you have your end dive set very short. I have mine set at 10 min

This is exactly what happened during my last dive. We came up very briefly just to check in and get our bearings, and the Peregrine reported it as two dives. And my guess is that since there is no way to manually add dives, there is no way to merge two dives that should be one. But with SubSurface...[cue evil laugher worthy of The Dark Side]

I will look for the end dive adjustment that Scubadada referenced. 10 minutes sounds reasonable.

Thank you all, very much.

Whats a dive log?????

Ok in all seriousness I would a dedicated software/ excel or a paper log if your keeping track.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom