manual white balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
lol....OHhh! the one is a vase sponge....I think and the other is a type of flounder....when small they are just like any other fish and as they get older the eye sorta moves to the other side.....kinda interesting....
So they end up with both eyes on one side?? :06:

Pedge:
Oh, my.... :11:
I would hate to leave one of my eyes on the other side if I were always laying on the bottom :wink: .

Pedge:
LOL...I meant the picture Dee posted!!

One is a Peacock Flounder. When they hatch they look like any other fish but as they grow, their body flattens out and one eye migrates to the other side...sorta spooky! I've only seen one Juvenile and at first I thought it was just deformed but then I noticed the spots and knew what it was.

The wall scene is a large Barrel Sponge. It was big enough to sit in!

mandrake:
I know, I'm being as clear as mud. Has anyone else figured it out who might explain it better?

OK, Mandrake....I just bought PS7 online. So give me a few days to get used to where stuff is in the menus and I'll try again. You have been warned....LOL

have a look on Adobe's own website. The following tutorial is how to retouch a picture (the example is someones face but it doesn't matter) - it deals with using masks - and covers what Mandrake was trying to explain!!
http://www.adobe.com/tips/phs8retouch/main.html

It's actually for Photoshop CS but I think it should apply to other versions - masks have been around for a long time.

Thanks Kim. I'll give it a try when my brain isn't so fried!

Maybe this is caused by chromatic aberration - the lens has slightly different focal lengths for different light wavelengths, and the effect is most pronounced at the edges of a WAL.

some info here
another reference

Maybe you can reduce the effect by backing off slightly from WAL to Telephoto. But its probably too hard to perceive any difference at depth in the LCD.

The software fixes in this thread are great, very cool!

justleesa:
I have been playing around with the manual white balance and notice that my pictures get pinkish/purplish towards the edge...what am I doing wrong?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom