MantaBite Comfobite... Wanting to Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hypnodean

Registered
Reaction score
I have a lot of jaw issues, and my new regulator's mouth piece coupled with new stiff hoses equals a lot of discomfort for me.

I have read a lot on the forum about comfo bite mouth pieces and manta bite mouthpieces either of ehich sounds like it might be a better way for me to go.

Here's the problem... I found ONE PLACE to purchse the manta bite online, BUT i can not find anywhere to purcahse the comfo bite. Everytime I do a web search I find regulators that already HAVE it, but no place I can order one by itself.

Any Suggestions?

Dean

I've been diving with comfobites for years and absolutely love them. I've always found them at LDS. Not mine unfortunately. Whenever I travel somewhere I check the LDS and buy a couple if my spares are down. You do need to make sure you get the right size for your mouth as well as the correct opening to fit your regulator.

As for where to purchase them on-line - I did a search for comfobite and didn't see any stores. A search on comfo-bite came up with stores.

Good luck.
Paula

ComfoBite is awesome!! I wouldn't go back to anything else.

Unable to find a mail order or local source for comfobite, I decided to try the manta bite. I really LIKE IT!!!

It's a lot of stuff in your mouth, I have to say, but it was 100 TIMES better than any of the smaller mouth pieces I tried AND I like the safety fetaures. My regulator even got knocked sideways and no water leaks!

Not that I ever plan on being unconscious under water, but it is nearly impossible for it to just SLIP out so if it did happen, I imagine I'd still be breathing!

My buddy found it a bit menaging looking for buddy breathing until he realized he could use it exactly like a regular mouth piece as well.

I ordered it right from the manta bite web site! Pricey, but I;d say WORTH IT. My TMJ is much happier now

I have always used SeaCures, and I like the way I can mold it to my mouth. Are these 2 mouth pieces, that you guys are talking about, better?

DiveInn ScubaStore sells the Aqualung Comfobite online.
They are in Spain, but ship worldwide. I have purchased from them and their service is excellent.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Bouncer,

The Seacure and Comfobite are very different from one another.

The Seacure molds to your individual bite. The Comfobite is similar to a 'normal' mouthpiece but has a piece of silicone that rests in the roof of your mouth. It enables one to use less force in their bite which is my opinion is very comfortable. In fact I find I am so used to not biting much at all given when I go snorkelling get a bit of water in my mouth.

However, I haven't used the Seacure so I can't give a personal comparison to comfort.

Paula

Thanks Paula, I really like the Seacure. The only thing about it is that it has to be molded just right or it can get really uncomfortable, but done right, I believe there is no better. It is a little price though.

You can get the confobite at www.Leisurepro.com also you can get the seacure mouth piece. Both are a little expensive. $12.00 for the confobite and like $32.00 for the seacure. But they are worth every penny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom