Mansfield Dam this Saturday 08/16?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good. I'll be the old guy in a white ford explorer hopefully parked in the small area south of the boat parking area. My 80s are empty but I should be able to go for close to an hour on a 63. I'll be using a 3mm suit. A light is useful for maintaining contact in low vis spots. Hopefully tpolsen88 can join us and become a swamper.

Good to go. I'm the guy with most of his hair on the sides of his head and a mustache. I'm driving a brown Mazda Tribute. I'll have three 80's with me. Plenty of air if someone wants to do a second dive. See you in the morning...

Ill try my hardest to be there, if yall are talkiing about the marina. Do we need a boat?
Give me a call and we can talk about it (254)368-5210
White ford f250, also their is a shop on the marina that does air and nitrox refils.

Please let us all know how the basic water conditions are at that site after your dives...thanks.

No boat. We'll just do the little scuba park and the area to the east of that. Conditions are known from Thursday. Surface is well into the 80s. Starts to get cool for a 3 mm below 40 ft. Vis is erratic with lots of 10+ and spots of 2 to 4. Below 35 ft was generally good but we didn't go much below 40 so it could silt up again. With air temps close to 100 I just could not convince myself the 5mm was the way to go.

Alright I will be there. Awap i assume you are talking about the liitle dirt lot by the pavillon?
Look forward to getting wet, o and last saturday i went to about 5o ft there which is about as deep as you can go. I went without a suit just swimming shorts and was fine. All the stuff is in like 25-40 ft.

That's the place. If you drop over the edge to the east you can probably get 60 to 70 ft but that's still colder than I'm game for in 3mm. There should be an old creek bed and a bridge down there I need to find some day in Sept or Oct.

See you in the morning.

See ya'll in the morning. Tom from the dive shop at Stillhouse was telling me this afternoon about an old hook and ladder truck at about 60'. Something to think about for a later dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom