Mansfield Dam - Condition Report Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dam, no reports yet........ :11:

No Dam Reports? Dam! I'm sure the Dam Water is fine. According to the Dam LTTS Site (accross the dam lake from Mansfield water barrier) the Dam water is over 80 dam degf to 30 dam feet. I was out there last dam weekend and the dam vis was about 6-8 dam feet (at the dam test station).

dam it, what's up with all the cussin':D Anyone care to go diving this weekend - Saturday? I've got a feeling, this will be my last drysuit diving till October..

I'm gonna try to get out there tonight or tomorrow night. I was out there yesterday and gave my gf the tour of the upper end of Lake Travis, and I could see the top of the jail houses from the surface on the Waverunner. The lake was a little choppy but the surface felt great. But now I'm redder than a lobster after boiling.

K.

LVX:
What is it like currently. I have not been in for a couple of weeks. Is the vis holding? how about windy point?

thanks

Layne
I haven't been right off the dam in awhile, but a few of us did a evening/night dive last night (5-16) on the wall underneath the Oasis. The vis was good...of course one of my buddies had one of those 10w OMS Phantom dive lights so she was easy to keep track of! :) I'd estimate 10-15 feet vis. Water temp wasn't too bad...a balmy 79 degrees on the surface but hovering around 60 degrees at 70'. The thermocline was around 40-45 feet.

I was out at Barstow's last weekend and the vis sucked. Of course, there were dozens of new OW dive students out there and boat traffic was insane. :-/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom