Manila Naia Airport Terminal Transfers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I screwed up and booked a flight to Cebu based on shody info from a buddy. I have a layover in Manila...think I'm just gonna not get on the plane to Cebu and head over to Coron.

Just for future reference, in regards to the question from Sea Giraffe about flying to Coron from Manila or Cebu. I flew Manila to Coron on Cebu Pacific. When flying from Coron to Cebu on Cebu Pacific, there were no direct flights - I had to fly back to Manila first and then connect with a flight to Cebu. That would lead me to think that there may be no direct flights between Cebu and Coron, at least on Cebu Pacific, but that was in April and things can change.

That's what I have found thus far, Also learned that Puerto Princessa is not the closest airport to Coron...Coron is..
Helpful lesson for far travelers: contact some resort or hotel in the area and find out the best way to get there, hope i save someone some money with that one.

Lots of nice advice here. I hope that you don't mind if I ask here for advice too, since it looks like there are several people quite familiar with Manila airport.

I am planning on a trip to El Nido this November, and am currently looking at tickets. Would a 2h50 transfer time be enough to transfer from T1 to T4 of Manila airport, knowing that:
1/ The first flight will arrive at 3:40 in the night/morning, and the second one leaving at 6:30, so I hope there won't be too many people in the airport in the middle of the night (please correct me if I am wrong).
2/ We do not plan to check-in any luggage (so no need to retrieve any luggage and check it again for the second flight).
3/ The website of Air Swift (from Manila to El Nido) says that we can do a web check-in, but that we still have to present documents at the check-in counter? I'm not quite sure if in case like this, we still have to present ourselves at the check-in counter 45min before our flight or if we can arrive later? I hope not but I'll have to confirm this with them.

Thanks for any advice and recommendations on the subject.
(We could take a later flight for the second part of our trip, but the plane would than depart at 9:55, and I'd rather spend my time on a beach - or a bed, seeing the early hours of our flights - than Manila aiport...)

1. If your incoming flight arrives on time then you are probably alright with the transfer. The road traffic between T1 and T4 should be very light at that time of the day. There might be free shuttle between both terminals but I won't count on it so early in the morning.
3. Only Air Swift can answer your question.
4. If I were you I would take the 9:55 flight instead. I would rather kicking my heels to bruises than missing the flight altogether.Your holiday your choice.
Hope everything works out fine.

1. If your incoming flight arrives on time then you are probably alright with the transfer. The road traffic between T1 and T4 should be very light at that time of the day. There might be free shuttle between both terminals but I won't count on it so early in the morning.
3. Only Air Swift can answer your question.
4. If I were you I would take the 9:55 flight instead. I would rather kicking my heels to bruises than missing the flight altogether.Your holiday your choice.
Hope everything works out fine.

Thanks for your answer. I think I spend already far too much time in airports because of my job and therefore, have a tendency to want to minimise as much as possible the time I spend in these, but you're right, it might be safer to take the later flight.

Had some trouble with Chrome showing ads in the reply field, first version of this looked bad sorry.

My thought is that if everything went as planned, you would probably be ok. But at MNL things often do not go as planned. Air Swift uses an ATR, so quite small, but they take time to weight people and stuff, so you probably do need to be a little early. Re: 45 min, I don't know. When I flew from EN, they were not the most efficient operation, but the flight was great and way better than the bus ride I had to EN.

For example, your sig says Shanghai, and you seem to indicate you will be on the China Eastern flight. Looking at stats from the past week, it never landed before 4 a.m. and a few times at like 6 a.m. So having no bags and less traffic, you improve your odds. But your big issue is if the flight is delayed, which is common in MNL and from what I know also common at PVG.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer. And you are right, I will be on the China Eastern Flight ^^

Indeed, flight delay is my main issue, and they are quite common in PVG (although it is getting better, especially for international flights). Usually, in other international airports, I feel that with 3 hours, I have enough buffer for delays, but reading posts in this thread makes me think that this time, it might not be enough.

I'll continue monitoring the flights stats (for info, we had the tail of a typhoon in the area at the start of the week, which explains some of the very large delays seen), but it seems like the later flight will be the best option.

SVG and MNL aren't not known for their on time status so it's definitely a flexible situation. I wouldn't wait for any shuttle regardless of on-time arrival and get a metered cab to take you to the other terminal, it probably wouldn't have saved my missed flight in May, but it could have. The other question I would consider is looking at how much that local flight costs? With no luggage you only have ticket cost so in a worst case scenario you miss the first flight and lose the tickets how much do the second set cost you? And is that worth possibly saving the hours in catching the first flight? Now the risk to this is what happened to me in that both the remaining flights to bohol on my day were booked so that didn't work.

SVG and MNL aren't not known for their on time status so it's definitely a flexible situation. I wouldn't wait for any shuttle regardless of on-time arrival and get a metered cab to take you to the other terminal, it probably wouldn't have saved my missed flight in May, but it could have. The other question I would consider is looking at how much that local flight costs? With no luggage you only have ticket cost so in a worst case scenario you miss the first flight and lose the tickets how much do the second set cost you? And is that worth possibly saving the hours in catching the first flight? Now the risk to this is what happened to me in that both the remaining flights to bohol on my day were booked so that didn't work.

What I usually do in China is book a later flight. If I arrive early enough to catch the previous one, and if there are available space by the end of check-in, they have always changed my tickets without fuss and without fee. I think I'll call the airline in the coming days and ask them how they deal with this type of situation/ticket changes.

I'll remember the suggestion to take a cab rather than wait for the bus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom