Manila lockdown - All domestic flights from/to Manila cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the plus side I am still going to Raja Ampat and just booked a second week after they told me I'll be getting a refund

This whole experience has made me very wary of Philippines travel in general. Their govt actions are very drastic, comes with very little notice, and is more political than strictly fact-based. HK and Macau only have 120+ cases and are banned while countries with much higher risk are not. I probably won't book any more Philippines trips while in HK. I also had a trip to Anilao at end of April with Blue Ribbon which they allowed me to postpone until year end.

No foreigners allowed in Sorong for now... Foreigners not allowed in Sorong

We were headed to Cebu .... Malapascua and Moalboal for a couple of weeks.

I am in Moalboal not, when I got to the doive center this AM they said that all diving would be shut down at least 2 weeks starting day after tomorrow.

After my second dive it was changed to shore diving only from the dive shop, no traveling by car or boat to dive.

I am diving with Cebu Dive and they are a shore dive away from the sardine run so not too bad.

I am in Moalboal not, when I got to the doive center this AM they said that all diving would be shut down at least 2 weeks starting day after tomorrow.

After my second dive it was changed to shore diving only from the dive shop, no traveling by car or boat to dive.

I am diving with Cebu Dive and they are a shore dive away from the sardine run so not too bad.
So how is moalboal now? I was in moalboal a few days ago and went to Cebu city to see if there is any flights. But it seems I'm a bit stuck here now and I hear stories about plans to close all the restaurants soon. So how about in Moalboal at the moment? Still everything open untill 21:00? And any rumours yet about closing hotels over there? Hope you can give an update. Thanks.

Cebu Pacific have approved the FULL refund for both my cancelled flights.
It only took Agoda 2 days to refund my booking with an hotel because of flight cancellation.

So how is moalboal now? I was in moalboal a few days ago and went to Cebu city to see if there is any flights. But it seems I'm a bit stuck here now and I hear stories about plans to close all the restaurants soon. So how about in Moalboal at the moment? Still everything open untill 21:00? And any rumours yet about closing hotels over there? Hope you can give an update. Thanks.

There is a pretty strong curfew in effect, not sure about the times as I am in an Airbnb remote form the main hotel/restaurant area. One of the instructors was standing just outside his own gate having a smoke a few minutes after curfew time, he was ordered by armed police to get back in his property.

So far hotels and restaurants open, some only offering delivery and take away. Some did close but that was lack of customers and was especially noticeable in the places that catered more to Chinese and Korean customers.

No boat dives, only shore diving from in front of the dive shops. That may change but for now we are still diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom