Manila Airport to Batangas Pier via public bus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After flying in a cramped aircraft......I prefer the comfort of a car....stop when ya want etc. Many resorts have great rates that are very worth the price. There is a the helicopter and the float plane as well.......just sayin'....

Hmmm. I am kind of worried about what nelsondejesus is talking about...now I wonder whether it isn't just worth the extra bucks to get a private transfer to the pier. I was quoted 3200 pesos by the resort for transfer to the pier. Maybe it ends up being worth it, especially if I end up having to spend the night in Batangas. I would have to pay twice that night, since I am already booked at a PG resort.

Does 3200 pesos sound about right for a private transfer from NAIA to Batangas Pier?

my guess is that transfer above includes the banca from Batangas to PG. agree with everyone take the resort pick up. if you arrive here and you dont know what to do and where to go its could end up no so pleasant. btw the bancas between Batanags and PG can only travel during daylight so suggest you get the resort pick up and relax

I can,t compare with other busses, but I found the JAM liners were fine for my pampered north american "butt"!! :rofl3: Not overcrouded, good aircon, clean, video. I give them 2 thumbs up...:coffee:

How do the JAM buses compare with others? I've used Victory Liner many times... are they of equal quality?

I can't compare buses either, but the JAM is comfortable, AC is strong, maybe to strong, and I like the movies in tagalog. Here's a tip a local gave me, don't drink a lot of fluids before getting on the bus as they have no CR onboard.
to the OP, it might be better if you arrange transport with your resort, much more expensive $74 US, but peace of mind.
Enjoy, what resort are you headed to? I'll be there in a couple of weeks.

That $74 is just the van, right? I asked for a quote from a resort for the end-to-end transfer and got the following.

Private Transfer:
Van - (maximum of 6 persons) cost Php 3000 per way.
Boat - cost Php 3000 per way.
Berberabe port fee cost Php 15 per head.
Environmental users fee cost Php 50 per head.
Note: Night time navigation boat cost Php 3500 per way.

That totalled $141 Cdn one way for me which we thought was high compared to the $15 route for both bus & ferry. Even cheaper if we added a hotel in Manila as we would have to arrive from HK the night before to be able to catch the 8am bus.

Hubby thinks we should go with a HK dive shop so they can take care of everything and we don't have to worry. At least for our first time so we can see the lay of the land.

Bluesteal, Campbell's resort (we pmed about this...) :)

1.) If you are confidence that you will clear the custom around 11:00 then use the public transfer, this is what I will do. Total cost is about P700.00. Taxi is my expensive back-up!! If the flight is delayed by couple of hrs, spend the night in Manila which is much cheaper than private transfer to PG.
2.) If you want a peace of mind then take the private transfer to the pier. And if for what ever reasons you had missed the boat(last boat is about 16:00) ask the driver to call the resort for help or to find you a decent hotel. The driver is usually from Batangas area, yes he drove up to meet you. Overnight in Batangas is much cheaper than private boat(P3,000.00).
3.) The complete package from NAIA to PG is about P5,500.00 to 6,000.00.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom