Manatee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laz

Registered
Reaction score
manatee.jpg

More photographs in This Week's Photos gallery at TheLivingSea.com.

Oh Wow - what a picture! I so want to plan a trip and snorkle with them. I have heard that Nov to March is the best time to go. Can't imagine how neat an encounter with them would be.
Thanks for sharing,
Becky

Now is the time to go, Becky. The encounters I had were in West Palm Beach and there were plenty of very friendly Manatees around. In Palm Beach they can be found around a sanctuary built alongside the Florida Power & Light plant. The best time to find them in this area is when the temperature is really cold, as they tend to move around inlet when the temperature rises.

I will be doing quite a few more encounters and clean ups in the weeks to come. If you're interested, let me know.

What a cutie, Laz!

Yes, this is definitely the best time of the year to see Manatees in places like Crystal River, Homossassas, etc. The come "inland" from the Gulf, to Winter in the various springs.

BTW, if you want the best Manatee experience, go as early as possible. They are early risers and if you get there after 9am they will basically be just sleeping.

What a treat to see them! :biggrin2:

Laz:
Now is the time to go, Becky. The encounters I had were in West Palm Beach and there were plenty of very friendly Manatees around. In Palm Beach they can be found around a sanctuary built alongside the Florida Power & Light plant. The best time to find them in this area is when the temperature is really cold, as they tend to move around inlet when the temperature rises.

I will be doing quite a few more encounters and clean ups in the weeks to come. If you're interested, let me know.

I'd love to take my wife somewhere close to to Hollywood to see them. She is a bit handicapped, and cannot climb into boats or do many things most people can do, but loves to look at pics of manatees.

Could you share a little more info re. where this sanctuary is? I'd also be interested in helping with a cleanup, to sorta pay my dues.

Back
Top Bottom