Manatee Springs Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had the pleasure of "talking" with both mike, and superbugman. Good pair of guys. The Sealife I was talking about, is a point and shoot, in a housing, so it is useful for both above and below. I will ask them when I see 'em lurking about though.

havnmonkey:
That duckweed hole looks like one of the ones that swallows unsuspecting cars from the highway!
I didn't see any cars down there, but the closest road was the parking lot, maybe it was just too far away :D. I was afraid when I lost sight of my legs below that green stuff :D.

Very cool Yoda, I just got back form there the other day. I only have one picture posted of Manatee Springs. We were there early in the morning and the whole place was polluted with Black Vultures. Did you see any during your visit?

WVDiver:
...We were there early in the morning and the whole place was polluted with Black Vultures. Did you see any during your visit?
There were some on the road in and a few in the park - I wonder what was going on.

I think they roost there overnight, I posted one good pic of them, check it out.

Where were your other pictures from?

The most recent pics are all from Ginnie Springs and Crystal Rvier and the recent ocean pics are from some drift dives we did out of West Palm.

SeaYoda:
I think mike_s and SuPrBuGmAn have experience with Sealife cameras.

Yup... I've got the Reefmaster DC310. I like the camera, but there are many folks here that don't (just to be fair to tell you.). It's not an advanced camera by any means, but is good for my purposes, which is to take snapshots of my dives without spending $2,500 on a camera setup.

Most of the underwater pics in my gallery were taken with the DC310 (except for the grouper, which was taken with my Nikon through aquarium glass).

I think the Olympus that SeaYoda has takes nicer pics though, but you pay a little more for a complete setup of it also. Basically with it and many other cameras, you have to buy the camera, strobe, and housing all seperate, which is why that cost more.

As for the DC500, do a search on here and you'll find all kinds of different opinions on the DC500. (search for DC-500 and seperate search for DC500 and you should find all of them.). Most of the issues were poor battery performance, white balance issues, not enough user controls, and firmware issues. Supposedly though they have fixed most of these issues and there is a firmware upgrade. But I don't have a reason yet to spend the extra $$$ on buying/upgrading to it yet. You'll also find a lot of people who liked it. So just depends on what your needs are. for snapshots, it'll do fine.

you can pick them up for around $499 for housing and camera and I think about $150 bucks more for a kit that incldues the strobe. Here's where I bought mine.
http://www.divesports.com/IndexPages_Cat/cameras_cat.htm

-mike

I am not exactly sure what I am looking for. I will be pretty much starting life over with this move. With no real idea on where I will be living, or, what I will be doing for work, big dollar toys is out of the question. While I will have a bit of cash in hand from the house sale, most of it will go to setting myself up, and living off from, until I have some regular income. Even after that, I doubt the money will be rolling in. So, frugal camera choices seem best at this time. Something that will take a decent shot, but, not expecting it to be sold to the art houses of NY. I have the "fancy" camera for my dry side work and play, but something a little more compact, and fun to use while diving would be a great option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom