Manasquan Railroad bridge on Sat Afternoon - 7/19 2pm or there abouts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone interested - thinking of hitting the railroad bridge around 2pm on Saturday.
Friendly dive - bringing my son - open invitation to meet or meet and dive....
High tide is set for 2:31pm

Turns out the dive itself was pretty poor - worst vis of the year at this site - 2 foot vis and that was generous. It was a cluster F from the word go. Gopro flooded - not enough weight - I made a last minute change in weights for my son and it was a poor choice - lesson learned - never had to get out of the water to add weights ever - but today was a first. Queen Mary was making another boat charter for fishing and we were off their bow - we moved but it was a funny not so funny experience.

Although it was a mess - ultimately we met a really nice gentleman named Freddy who I helped zip in and out of his dry suit - we ended up striking a conversation about hard hat diving and turns out he has worked with John Chatterdon - ok - so this was a crappy dive but really cool how things work out. Sure not a good dive but to talk with someone about diving even after a crummy dive can turn out - Really Cool... The best part of diving to me is not knowing what you will find - Shadow Divers was a great book and it some how came back alive today on this dive...

http://www.northeastdivingequipmentgroup.com/

NEDEG! Now that is one wild bunch...

Here are two pics of the kid diving with them:

RussianRig.jpg

NameThatTune.jpeg

-We need to meet up at the RR Bridge sometime soon. PM me if interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom