Managing scuba ear problems (not equalizing)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Three chemicals, not including water, with three different properties.
An alcoholic solution and an aqueous solution.

I am glad I never have this problem before. Touch wood.

Three chemicals, not including water, with three different properties.
An alcoholic solution and an aqueous solution.

It’s an ALCOHOL solution. “Alcoholic” means something a bit different. Hic.:cheers:

Never heard vinegar described as an aqueous solution. It is I suppose. So is a glass of water. Or the ocean.

It’s an ALCOHOL solution. “Alcoholic” means something a bit different. Hic.:cheers:

Never heard vinegar described as an aqueous solution. It is I suppose. So is a glass of water. Or the ocean.
Alcoholic solution and aqueous solution!
Look it up for the proper definition and you will be surprised.

You can call vinegar as very weak acetic acid! But most people would not know the meaning of acetic acid.

Solvent and solvate.

Alcoholic solution and aqueous solution!
Look it up for the proper definition and you will be surprised.

You can call vinegar as very weak acetic acid! But most people would not know the meaning of acetic acid.

Solvent and solvate.

I’m being FACETIOUS. Sorry. Just trying to inject some levity into the thread. Hic.

Ear wax is highly acidic. It offers a protective barrier which prevents swimmers ear. Once that barrier is stripped, the dark, warm and damp environment is the perfect medium for bacterial or fungal growth. The alcohol halts the bacteria, while the vinegar halts fungus. A couple drops of olive oil after using the mixed drops can help as well.

Back
Top Bottom