Man in diving gear found dead on Fort Lauderdale beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2:
Give a little take a little. If you think about it apart from the initial outlay for gear scuba is fairly cheap as hobbies/sports go.

There again scuba divers are well known for being cheap, **I did not say this** but have heard it said by a few charter boat ops and LDS's

I worry much less about any fees that may be imposed than I do about regulations that may be imposed arbitrarily. Ask the cavers how long they think their sport would stay in existence if the U.S. Government ever decided to regulate scuba diving...

RoatanMan:
Sorry, sport, you've lost your edge. You're drinking your "beer" cold, now.

**Maybe we could come up with a totally hypothetic scenario and let everyone play SCUBA, CSI. What do you think?**

Why not? we could do no worse than the supposed experts are doing right now. As I said death by car you don't have to be an Einstein to work that one out.

I don't drink beer..never have and never will, I can not understand this fascination with beer ugh :yuck: Nice hot mug of tea (surprise) will do me.

Sad story for this man and his family. But at least he died doing something he liked. People die every day, all day. Sometimes they just happen to be underwater when their time comes. We all should be so lucky!

I am sorry for this divers death. To bring up a point that no one else has brought up. When the investigators stated that he had a full tank was it 2800, 3000 or 3400 when it was found. I have been to Florida and had my tanks filled, sometimes it was 3200 or 3400 that is a large gap that no one will ever know. Unless they check his regulators to see if they were working properly then it could of been a reg failure while he was down and could not make it to the surface in time. I am not trying to guess at anything just making a observation.

My $.02

Please.... Let's not revive this thread. There is NO discussion, only speculation.

Back
Top Bottom