Man in diving gear found dead on Fort Lauderdale beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
"Man in diving gear found dead on Fort Lauderdale beach

By BRIAN HAAS
sun-sentinel.com
Posted November 15 2005, 4:00 PM EST

FORT LAUDERDALE -- A New Hampshire man in full diving gear was found dead on a beach Tuesday afternoon.

The man was found dead around 1:35 p.m. in the 2800 block of North A1A, said Division Chief Lois Bowman with Fort Lauderdale Fire-Rescue. She said the man, in his late 40s or early 50s, was diving alone in the area and his diving gear indicated he had a full tank of air.

Police are continuing the investigation. "

Another reminder of the dangers of diving. In this case Solo diving.

Condolences to the family.

This seems to be an unlucky place. Everyone please watch their step around this water. Very unfortunate circumstances. Condolences to his family as well.

-V

Condolences to the family.... I've got a few ideas of what caused this though given that its about a 100 yard walk through soft sand there and with it being mid-80's and him in full gear and approximate age range..... I'm not going to speculate, anyone with a med-background can figure this out. :)

CBulla:
Condolences to the family.... I've got a few ideas of what caused this though given that its about a 100 yard walk through soft sand there and with it being mid-80's and him in full gear and approximate age range..... I'm not going to speculate, anyone with a med-background can figure this out. :)
or...
Can you reach your valve?
Rick

prayers to the family. I was thinking the same thing Rick he jumped in sank down realized he did not turn his air on maybe paniced and that was it. Though the other suggestion sounds possible too.

CBulla:
Condolences to the family.... I've got a few ideas of what caused this..... I'm not going to speculate, anyone with a med-background can figure this out. :)

But how did he get all the way to Florida from New Hampshire?

I'm not speculating, either.

I don't think that anyone has much basis for saying what may have happened. Only he would truly know and the educated guesses should be made by the medical examiners.

-V

Vayu:
This seems to be an unlucky place. Everyone please watch their step around this water. Very unfortunate circumstances. Condolences to his family as well.

-V

Thousands of people dive without incident every year in Ft Lauderdale.

Lauderdale-by-the-sea is called the beach diving capital of Florida.

I don't think there's anything to do with IT being an "un-lucky" place.

Until there is an official statement with Cause of Death, everything said here is gross speculation... Let's wait for the official report (unlikely that will happen - the waiting part)

RoatanMan:
But how did he get all the way to Florida from New Hampshire?

I'm not speculating, either.

My guess, an airplane. :D

scuba:
By BRIAN HAAS
sun-sentinel.com
Posted November 15 2005, 4:00 PM EST

FORT LAUDERDALE -- A New Hampshire man in full diving gear was found dead on a beach Tuesday afternoon.

The man was found dead around 1:35 p.m. in the 2800 block of North A1A, said Division Chief Lois Bowman with Fort Lauderdale Fire-Rescue. She said the man, in his late 40s or early 50s, was diving alone in the area and his diving gear indicated he had a full tank of air.

Police are continuing the investigation. "

getting an official report is way unlikely, too, howarde.

are those ever posted? (this is a sincere question.)

Back
Top Bottom