Mammoth lake trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
four of us went down to mammoth lake on saturday morning. the weather was great. the folks at the dive shop (hydrosports scuba) were all very nice and helpful. the lake looked great, very nice facilities.......nice pavillions, picnic tables, etc. nice docks, steps down into water. they give you a map so you have an idea of where some of the "items of interest" are, like sunken caboose, airplane, motorcycle, what have you. there are a lot of buoys marking things. the water was quite comfy.......about 87degrees.......perfect for me! the vis was about what you expect in a lake of course. saw a small catfish hanging out in an airplane. saw a few other small fish. we didn't go to many spots. hubby was having trouble equalizing some of the time. but we had a good time. took a picnic lunch with us. on our last dive, i lost a fin......brand new i might add.....so of course the minute i realized it i start trying to find it, and am signalling hubby to show him....look.....i lost my fin:(:( and of course i managed to silt things up looking for it and had to surface, and with all that silt i couldn't see where hubby was after that, so anyway, i came up (we were only down about 20 feet if that at this point where we were), thinking.......man, we're gonna have to drop $100 for new fins before our vacation in only 26 days now. but by the time i had surfaced, hubby had made his way back over to where i believe i was when i lost it, and had actually found it!!!! miraculous if you ask me in a lake like that with not great vis, ya know? so.....he's definitely my hero:):) (he always has been anyway, but just proved it again!) anyway, a good time was had by all, and we'll go back!

Back
Top Bottom