Malware removal for IPAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayfarmlaw

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
IMG_1736.PNG
Apparently I have a malware infection on my IPAD. I keep getting the "You've won $1000 gift card" pop up from someone that wants me to think they are Google. It only happens on this site. I notified the site and they said I had Malware.

What is the best malware removal software for iPads, preferably free, but if not just a good program.

I know very little about anything computerized so ease of installation and use would be great.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Jay

The tools I use for PC and MAC cleaning are not available for IOS (CCleaner and Malwarebytes Antimalware). A quick google search led to a couple articles that say to clear browser history and restart the IOS device. Worst case is to reinstall and restore from backup.

The following article from Macworld UK is pretty clear. I would start at the "Clear History and website data" part of the page: I would restart the iPad first to make sure any open apps are closed.

How to check an iOS device for viruses and wipe it clean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom