Trip Report MALPELO review on the Ferox liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got a notice from Friends in Miami telling that US Migration has cancelled all activieties until 10 June , may be this helps for planning

Just got a notice from Friends in Miami telling that US Migration has cancelled all activieties until 10 June , may be this helps for planning
Thanks @Maus

There are still humanitarian flights evacuating US citizens from Colombia scheduled for May 21, 23, 24, and 25.

I am scheduled to fly down on June 16. Though my trip has not been officially cancelled yet. I'm quite sure it will be. When I get any definitive information, I will post it.

For your info, we did get official confirmation of the FEROX trip cancelled for May 31 and have now rescheduled for Oct 16-29 2021. A couple of people look like they cannot make that date so we may have a couple of spaces if anyone is interested to join. It is 13 nights on board at a cost of $6250 pp in a twin/double, plus park fees paid on board. Please contact me if you have any interest. Hope your June trip does come thru but not sure anyone can predict at the moment.

Yes I was aware of this - the Finning is an tragic indictment of our times and unfortunately is happening in Costa Rica, Colombia, and Ecuador, as well as South Africa and other places. It is illegal to fin sharks in US waters but still legal in most states to purchase fins harvested in other countries waters. I understand 12 US states have prohibited it, but do not have the manpower to really control it. Read the following for an overview of the current situation Shark fin is banned in 12 U.S. states—but it's still on the menu

Update Corona: No flights till end of june

Back
Top Bottom