Malpelo dive sites footage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was in Malpelo mid June with the Ferox. It exceeded my expectations in terms of diving. It was hardcore, big swells, sometimes current. surface conditions were rough so all negative entries in my case with my not so small camera

The following videos give an idea of two of the dive sites. One is the check dive (I wish I always did a check dive like that) and the other is one of the most visited ones for a reason.

One thing to take into account is was dark as we have overcast most time and some really strong showers.

When you see a bit of flickering noise we are looking at ISO 4000 with or without lights and really dark waters (you can sense it from the super deep blue)

El Arrecife

La Nevera

I used rectilinear lenses in a 180mm dome specifically Tamron 20-40mm and 17-28mm for those clips on my Sony A1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom