Maleisia, Borneo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

desiredbard

Contributor
Reaction score
Lads (and Lassies)

Off to Malesia and Borneo in a couple of weeks, will be diving near Langkawi and Kota Kinnabalu.
Now I am a beginner Photographer, and getting better all the time, But any recomendations on schools clubs and sites would be really welcome as well as sightings

Regards
Bas

For remote info and/or (future) buddies, just follow the path or have fun along the way by clicking on any of the given links: ScubaBoard > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > Asia > General Asia.
Cambodia.gif
China.gif
Republic_of_Corea.gif
Honk_Kong.gif
India.gif
Mogolia.gif
Nepal.gif
Singapore.gif
Sri_Lanka.gif
Thailand.gif
Viet_Nam.gif
Taiwan.gif

For camera info etc.: ScubaBoard > Scuba Diving Central > Underwater Photography. :camera:

desiredbard:
Lads (and Lassies)

Off to Malesia and Borneo in a couple of weeks, will be diving near Langkawi and Kota Kinnabalu.
Now I am a beginner Photographer, and getting better all the time, But any recomendations on schools clubs and sites would be really welcome as well as sightings

Regards
Bas

Langkawi isn't a particularly good diving destination--however the beaches are beautiful. Diving there is even less interesting there at this time of year (monsoon). I can recommend this dive op on Langkawi if you are sure you want to dive there:

Pro Dive Langkawi
Lot 974, Pantai Cenang
Langkawi Kedah 07000
Malaysia
Phone Number: (60) 4-9553739
Fax Number: (60) 4-9553475
Email: prdive@pc.jaring.my

Alternatively, you could try to go up to the Thai Marine Park called Tarutao from Langkwai (10 km to the north) rather than diving in Malaysian waters (to the south). The viz (even in green water) is likely to be better. Don't know about the sea conditions though--may be rough.

Here's the URL of a (new?) dive op called Langkawi Diving and Sport. They go to Butang out of Langkawi on day trips. I have no direct experience with this op, though, so can only offer this as info, not a recommendation.
http://butang-islands.com/

From KK, your nearest diving is in the TAR (Tunku Abdul Rahman) Marine Park. This is a good season to visit there. Here's a link to a recent report published on SB. http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=138321&highlight=Tunku+Abdul+Rahman

You can find more info on either of these destinations by using the Search feature in the red part of the banner at the top of the SB page eyebrow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom