Malapascua trip for 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok boys and girls.

Emails out to most of you - please check and let me know.

Please be aware - THERE ARE NO BANKS, ATMS OR MONEY CHANGERS ON THE ISLAND - so bring your cash...and if you can break your bills smaller than p1000 and p500 that's going to help you avoid heartache when trying to pay for stuff locally.

Anyone other than Iris and co who needs rental gear? Any special requests?

I'm sure there was something else I wanted to remind you all....... nope can't remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's to hoping we get a breather during our stay in malapascua....

Looming super typhoon Juan 1st of strong cyclones to come
MARK D. MERUEÑAS, GMANews.TV
Article posted October 16, 2010 - 01:47 PM
(Updated 11:56 p.m.) State weather forecasters on Saturday said typhoon "Juan" (Megi) – predicted to become a super typhoon once it makes landfall in northern Luzon on Monday – signals the start of a series of powerful storms for the remaining three months of the year.

Four areas were placed under Signal No. 1 as Juan continued on its course toward the Cagayan Valley region as of the 11 p.m. weather bulletin issued late Saturday.

Nathaniel Servando, deputy administrator of the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA), said that while Juan is so far the strongest weather disturbance to visit the country this year, the public can expect similar, if not more powerful, storms after it.

"Siya ang pinakamalakas so far, pero for this year ang projection namin may mga malalakas na bagyo pa na darating," Sevando said.

"Normally, during the last three months of the year, malalakas talaga ang bagyo [tapos]… may La Niña pa tayo," he added.

According to PAGASA, around 22 to 23 storms visit the country every year on the average. Juan is the 10th cyclone to enter Philippine territory this year.

From what I hear Manila is not really feeling any effects so far... I hope it stays that way for you guys.

Here in Malapascua it's just another beautiful day :D

66563_442223122749_649272749_5865011_5952123_n.jpg

71650_442223062749_649272749_5865007_2086174_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Slight edits - seems like we are confirmed 1-10....11 and 12 unsure...

Hi everyone,

As the time approaches some of you have asked for clarification of the schedule and deposits etc. So [correct me if I'm wrong] the travel/dive schedule is still following the one laid out by Iris below...

Attendees are -

1. caloy - Aabana Resort booked [have email]
2. Myra - Aabana Resort booked

3. Cris - Dano Resort booked AC [have email]
4. Johan - Dano Resort booked AC [have email]

via PAL; arriving in Cebu Oct 28 16:25 and staying at Crowne Regency.
Departure 17:15 Nov 1

5. Iris - Aabana Resort booked [have email]
6. Jolene - Aabana Resort booked
7. Yeo Wei - Aabana Resort booked

via Cebu Pacific; arriving in Cebu Oct 28 04:00 and staying at Pacific Pensionne.
via Cebu Pacific; Departure 19:55 Nov 1 (Jolene & Yeo Wei) and via PAL 17:15 Nov 1 (Iris)

8. Jigo - Dano Resort booked AC [have email]
9. Maxine - Dano Resort booked AC
via ZestAir; arriving in Cebu Oct 28 9:30am. may stay in Waterfront near ayala.
Departure: cebu nov 3. may go to moalboal after malapascua.

10.Karl and family (1 diver, 2 year old kid and 2 yayas). Dano Resort booked Family room FAN [have email]
Arriving Cebu 28 oct 14:25 and staying at Alpha City Suites,

11. Gabriel (securing ticket) - Dano Resort booked FAN [NO EMAIL are you coming?]
PUERTO PRINCESA (Puerto Princesa International Airport ) to
CEBU (Mactan Cebu International Airport)
Arrival: Thursday, Oct 28, 2010 , 1250H

12. MAYBE - Kenzo . TBC [ have email]

TRANSFERS

Van 1 - Caloy, Myra, Cris and Johan PICK UP Crown Regency Oct29th 5am

Van 2 - karl, Mylah, kid Francis and 2 adults. PICK UP Alpha City Suites Oct29th 5am

Van 3 - Iris, jolene, Yeo wei, jigo, maxine. PICK UP Pacific pension followed by waterfront lahug Oct29th 5am

Gabriel if you can confirm your overnight locations in Cebu then I'll figure out the best way to include you in the group transfers.

Please point out any obvious errors - or not so obvious ones.

oh and ps, just finished diving for today after a shark dive at Monad this am where we saw 2 threshers for 20mins plus and 2 devil rays getting cleaned. Then we went off to Gato island and saw whitetip sharks, cuttlefish mating, thorny seahorses, 5 seasnakes, and a ton of other awesome stuff... another tough day at the office. Sunset beers anyone?

Looking forward to this DOR immensely. :D

HI Matt and everyone , been pretty busy , Im comming , actualy im on my way as we speak now :p

and ill be more then happy to share transportation , and party whit u guys in cubu

Last edited:
Gabriel, would you be getting a cell # in the philippines? i suggest you post or PM it to matt, caloy or the others so that you can coordinate on the ground, meet up for meals and transfers and such

You can get a new SIM for about 150 pesos from almost anywhere

Hi Gabriel,

I recommend you try and stay at the same place as Caloy so you can join his van. Or somewhere nearby on Osmena Ave or Ramos.

That would make it

TRANSFERS

Van 1 - Caloy, Myra, Cris, Johan and Gabriel PICK UP Crown Regency Oct29th 5am

Van 2 - karl, Mylah, kid Francis and 2 adults. PICK UP Alpha City Suites Oct29th 5am

Van 3 - Iris, jolene, Yeo wei, jigo, maxine. PICK UP Pacific pension followed by waterfront lahug Oct29th 5am

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom