Malapascua Operators and Accomodation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nicke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello again my friends!

Time to go back to the Philippines for the third time :D
One of my best dives ever was from Malapascua last year.. Hammerheads, devilrays..

SO I'm going back now....

Questions:
- What's the best divecenter to go to on a somewhat limited budget?
- Where to stay on a somewhat limited budget?
- Is october a good month to go there?

Thanks in advance

/Nicke the swede

Thanks, I'll check it out

I'll settle for a Manta and some devilrays :)

EXOTIC...and see if you can get Gutsy to go with you. He has a nose for the ever elusive Threshers.

Very good operation, well organized, very good guides, good instructor.
End of May, we were not many divers, thus groups were quite small.
We got a low-season discount at Blue Corals, but the service does not match the rates.
My favourite restaurant is La Isla Bonita.
What is the time for hammerhead sharks, manta and devil rays?
Cheers,
Liberty

Hammerheads in feb (so I was informed by Thresher Shark Divers) and Rays are expected around March - May (according to Nas - the DM Maggie and m'self dived with).

Threshers are there year round, you just gotta get lucky is all. Maybe a rebreather is the way to go down there? :D

z..

Very good operation, well organized, very good guides, good instructor.
End of May, we were not many divers, thus groups were quite small.
We got a low-season discount at Blue Corals, but the service does not match the rates.
My favourite restaurant is La Isla Bonita.
What is the time for hammerhead sharks, manta and devil rays?
Cheers,
Liberty

I saw mantas on my last trip last November. They kept flying around us. I hoping for both the threshers and mantas this coming November. I don't mind seeing the great baracuda either.

My first dinner is always the chicken fajitas at Sunsplash followed up by a dessert crepe, hmmmm.

i spoke with seaexplorers when we were there and they informed me the season for mantas changed now. it was august-november up to last year... it was mar-may this year (same as what zee mentioned above)... but Jason- tell me if you see one!

resto: la dolce vita

how do you get there from Cebu? How long does it take? Can you snorkel off the beach there? Is the atmosphere similar to Sabang or more laid back?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom