Malapascua: Ocean Vida or Evolution?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Pearlman
Based entirely from what you had written:
1. They already took you there so it has nothing to do with saving the cost? Couldn't you drop down to 24m alone?
2. Slept at 01:00am! Surely it has nothing to do with anyone. Got up at 04:00am for the thresher shark dive is normal.
3. P8,000.00 for the land transfer. How about the ferry across? Did you manage to catch the public ferry?
Point 2 was just another factor in the “bad trip” thrown in the mix. Surely it’s obvious I don’t intend to blame anyone about it.
Point 3 Yes it was expensive private ferry, but there was another European tourist who had just arrived and wanted to go across so we split the cost.
About point 1 - firstly not my style to abandon the dive guide and go on my own. Attempts at hand signal communication telling I wanted to go down over the ledge we’re met with refusal I remember, and I didn’t push it due to my mental state from lack of sleep. And then with barely 2 hrs of sleep I was content not being over-active and just hovering around with them and it was possibly half-way into the dive that my brain registered that I wasn’t going to be able to see anything.

Anyways it’s an old story so let it be. Just that this thread reminded me of my experience so I shared it.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. As I'm not in the habit of getting into internet fights, I will stick with the apology rather than address a variety of 'errors' in your comments. Sadly when anyone comes for the 1 night "Dash and Dive" to squeeze in the Thresher sharks in the shortest possible time it is always more likely to end in disappointment.

You weren't happy, I'm sorry. We try our best but not everyone is happy and we'll continue trying our best with everyone who chooses Evolution.
Please go ahead. I would love to hear about them. Alternatively you can DM me.

Never stayed or dived with Ocean Vida but several times at Evolution.
Only happy memories from Evolution. Matt and his staff will take good care of your friend

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom