Malapascua in July???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Wahlaoeh,

Wow, thanks for the pictures! It reminds me of how beautiful Malapascua is and how much I miss diving there!! Did you see a pregnant pygmy sea horse? Yeah, Bubble07 is the way to go. Vic is the best DM. He'll definitely show you the critters!

Cheers,

Mel

Hi Mel,

Yes, I did see a pregnant pygmy seahorse at Gato...all thanks to Vic. He is definitely a very good & helpful DM, quite funny also...always helping to "sweep" the sea urchins away for us to take pixs.

When are you going back there again...I am hoping to go back this december to see more thresher sharks & ...hmm maybe hammerheads.

Hi Wahlaoeh,

Ahh, I love Gato Island. One of my favorite places to dive. My other favorites were a coral-crunching cat (shark), pharoah cuttlefish, and plenty of white-tipped reef sharks. Yes, seeing hammerheads and manta rays at Monad would be awesome. I am still dumbfounded by the fact I got to see a thresher.

Hopefully my boyfriend and I will make it out there again in March-April. Our friend Rainer we met in Malapascua is also going back there around then. Was Trevor and Andrea there when you went to Malapascua, or was there a new instructor?

Happy Diving!

Mel

Gussy:
Fan? That means no AC. What about the cockroaches and gekkos?

Geckos eat the cockroaches.... They're so much fun to watch.... if they bug you that much bring a water pistol and watch them slip down the wall :D

What's the going rate for airfare? I can't wait.... I'm going to Manila in Jan for a family get together... then I'm of to go dive for a week. Anyone need a buddy?

Hahey!

Just got into Cebu today after 5 nights on Malapascua, diving with Bubble07 (the way to go!) and having a bloody marvellous time, despite hitting a nasty barrier in the form of an anxiety attack that led me into a catch 22 cycle of them in subsequent dives.

The 07 team helped me with these and showed me some great stuff- Vic is certainly a fine fish magnet!

Definately will be returning in the future, and hopefully have my confidence back...

I was at Sunset- a nice quiet spot right near 07, but only has power 1800-midnight, as do some others down that way, although more of them are getting 25 hour power now- Blue Water, Copacabana, Kuan Ba/Wobbly Boot, etc.

Geckos are nice little monsters- they eat bugs and make a funny noise like their name. Cockies, ants and mozzies however... Bitten like a badly bitten thing.

Mostly nice and clear, but a tad murky at times/some locations- a bit hazy when I did my early morning Thresher dive.

Too bad the anxiety hit... maybe related. I must get back in the water soon.

I'd give the place maybe 5 days or so. Cover all decent sites and get in a few returns. Jem

mrjemm:
Mostly nice and clear, but a tad murky at times/some locations- a bit hazy when I did my early morning Thresher dive.

Too bad the anxiety hit... maybe related. I must get back in the water soon.

I'd give the place maybe 5 days or so. Cover all decent sites and get in a few returns. Jem

Thanks Jem: I've actually booked for 6 days with an option to extend if I wish. It is out of the way in relation to other sites so I figured I should give allow some time.

I'm looking forward to threasher sharks as this is the main reason I am going here. I hope to dive with them several times. Take care.....Iain

I spent 5 days in Malapascua in June of 2002. I believe I stayed with Exotic, but I can't recall for sure. I thought the island was a wonderful change from the more crowded destination beaches like Boracay or Puerto Galera. Did 3 dives at the Monad Shoal and saw Threshers every time. The water was a bit murky and only saw 2 the first day, but then saw 5-7 the second time. Gato was also a wonderful dive site. If going for Threshers you should really plan to do your Nitrox cert if you haven't already as the 20m'ish depth of Monad Shoal is perfect for Nitrox and you will get *alot* more time with those Threshers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom