For Sale MAKO: Sale on Silicone and Rubber Weightbelts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
unnamed (1mmmm).png
unnamed (1)vvvvv.png

unnamed (1asdr).png
unnamed (1)bbbbb.jpg

Hey Guys,
We are excited to announce our weekly sale on our top-quality silicone & rubber weight belts.

Silicone Belt: Freedive Weight Belt (Silicone)
Rubber Belt: Freedive Weight Belt (Rubber)

MAKO FREE REPLACEMENT / SAFETY POLICY
To our valued customers: MAKO Spearguns recognizes that diving (both freediving and SCUBA) are potentially dangerous activities. We have all heard of tragic accidents where a diver is found on the bottom while still wearing a weight belt. We hope and pray that should any of our customers find themselves in a situation where ditching a belt may be necessary, that there is no delay and the belt is dropped immediately.

In many situations a belt is recoverable, however if your MAKO Spearguns belt and lead weights or belt reel are ditched (and lost) in a diving emergency…. I will replace it free of charge.
The last thing we want is our customers considering the cost of a lost belt in an emergency. The only thing we ask is that the individual shares with us (and our friends and customers) some sort of write-up about how the situation developed and how it was resolved. That way, we can all learn and be reminded to keep safety in the forefront of our minds.

Dive safe,
Dano

I purchased the yellow silicone weight belt a few months ago, used it for 2 weeks in Bonaire. I was extremely happy with it, and my wife liked the way it stood out against my wetsuit in case she needed to do an emergency release. She worries a bit too much, but it made her happy!

Erik

Colors are nice. However, dry sand sticks to my silicone belt, due to static electricity.

My black rubber belt does not suffer from this.

I purchased the yellow silicone weight belt a few months ago, used it for 2 weeks in Bonaire. I was extremely happy with it, and my wife liked the way it stood out against my wetsuit in case she needed to do an emergency release. She worries a bit too much, but it made her happy!

Erik
Thanks Erik!

Were you freediving or scuba?

Scuba. She’s relatively new to scuba and felt that my black rubber belt seemed too much like my harness belt, and blended with my wetsuit. The yellow silicone is BRIGHT so problem solved, 😝!

Thanks! The design of these belts is probably well over 50 years old, but it seems that there is still limited acceptance/recognition within the scuba community about how comfortable and functional they are.

Very glad to hear that you like the silicone belt! Yellow is popular with freedivers as well, since it has the best visibility and the buddy can often track his buddy at depth, simply by following the yellow belt and /or yellow weights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom