For Sale MAKO Sale on Freedive Weightbelts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
silicone-dive-weight-belts__42358.1647228835.jpg

MFDWB-2__95613.1614197628.jpg

Hey Guys,

This week, we have an awesome sale on our High-Performance Freedive Weight Belts.

Available in both silicone and rubber, the MAKO Freedive Weight Belts are the best freedive weight belts for the most demanding freedive instructors, freedive competitors, and high level spearfishermen. We also have a lot of customers who are dedicated scuba divers who have found these belts to be superior.

Rubber Freedive Weightbelt

MAKO DIRECT PRICE: $24.95
DIVE SHOP PRICE : $39.95

Silicone Freedive Weightbelt

MAKO DIRECT PRICE: $34.95
DIVE SHOP PRICE : $59.95

MAKO FREE REPLACEMENT / SAFETY POLICY

If you ever have to ditch your MAKO weight belt in an emergency, I will replace it free of charge.

In an emergency, you shouldn’t be considering the replacement costs. Just ditch it. I will replace the belt and the weights.

Dive safe,
Dano

Spearfishing Accessories - Weights / Weight Belts / Vests - MAKO Spearguns

I would also like to post a review of the Silicone weight belts which was done by Jim L.

Just ordered the silicone belt. Is there a good way to secure the loose end other than just jamming it under the belt? I don't want the quick release option to be quite as available as it is. I fear unintended release more than impeded quick release.

Thanks for the support and the inquiry Rick!. If you have not used one of these belts before, you may be surprised at how secure they are. If you wear it with a moderate amount of tension, it takes a pretty good yank to stretch the belt further and allow the pin in the buckle to pop out of the belt hole.

Most people that I have seen generally leave the end hanging, but I am most familiar with freediving. I suppose you could tuck it back under the belt for additional security - as long as you are confident you can still release it quickly.

MAKO FREE REPLACEMENT / SAFETY POLICY

If you ever have to ditch your MAKO weight belt in an emergency, I will replace it free of charge.

In an emergency, you shouldn’t be considering the replacement costs. Just ditch it. I will replace the belt and the weights.

No question, this is a class act. Good on ya mate!

Just ordered the silicone belt. Is there a good way to secure the loose end other than just jamming it under the belt? I don't want the quick release option to be quite as available as it is. I fear unintended release more than impeded quick release.
I've got both the rubber belt and the silicone. They're excellent belts (still owe Dano a review on the silicone belt, I've just only gotten a chance to dive it a few times). Both belts come much longer than I need, so for my 32" waist, I cut maybe a foot off. This leaves something like a 6" - 10" tail hanging in the front.

Looking at the picture I kind of expected the tail to be a snagging hazard, but in practice, they've never snagged on anything, and have never become unsecured on accident. The spring action on the pin really holds onto the hole well.

You'll be tempted to trim the belt really short, but I don't recommend trimming it down to the minimum length for your waist. The extra tail makes the belt easier to don and doff, and I've also been able to lend a belt to a friend with a larger waist than mine.

Thanks guys. I'll try it as suggested first and see how it goes. My weight belts tend to get used by others so I'm going to leave it fairly long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom