Making the leap: help choosing first rb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been diving Rebrethers for 16 years. I own my own custom 39 foot dive boat.
Started with a Prism Topaz, Then got a Hollis Prism. Both good units no real problems.
Also had & have a Revo 2, Revo 3 and Revo Micro FT. All good units, no real problems.
I really think it's more about pre, post diving and maintenance. I think that there are a few people that spend more time about posting rebreathers and some knocking them then actual time diving them in the water.

Best regards,
Chett

Status update: We ordered two O2ptima's with Nerd's and we were set for training in Florida the week of December 14. I tested positive for covid the week before (all better now). We are now re-scheduled for late April. Thanks again to everyone who helped me, your freely given advice is appreciated more than you know. Happy New year and good riddance to 2020!

Quit practicing buoyancy now. That way it won't feel that bad when you start the rebreather.

Nice setup. Keep us up to date on how the training goes.

Quit practicing buoyancy now. That way it won't feel that bad when you start the rebreather.

Nice setup. Keep us up to date on how the training goes.

So I've been told. I have read all the manuals and training materials 4 times so I have all this information in my head and zero practice. Driving me crazy waiting.

To the OP, how did you make out now that you have been diving the O2ptima for a while?

Could not be happier. My partner just came back from diving OC in the keys. When I asked how he liked going back the reply was "I didn't miss it". We are planning on taking the Choptima course later this year for travel.
If possible we want to take the CM crossover class and TDI Helitrox class at the same time/location.

Support and service from Dive Rite has been top shelf (we purchased a third used unit and had Dive Rite service it). They answer questions right away and give us detailed replies.

My thanks again to those here on SB who steered me away from the Prism.

No interest in cave diving...pfft, I feel like most people say that, then somehow find themselves at the back of a cave in a year or two... Why I bet you used to have no interest in rebreathers as well lol :)
When I started, had not interest in technical diving. Oops! Then had no interest in CC. Oops again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom