making my own mouth pices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've designed and printed with flex filament a mouth piece.
Flex filament has a shore hardness of 98, too high.
I was thinking to use RTV silicone to cast them. I can remove the designed mouth piece from a cube and have a two parts mold.
I don't know the adecuate shore hardness that a silicone mouth piece has. I guess 50 ?
I can buy black RTV silicone of several shore hardness.
Why all the hassle, because every day it's harder to get spares down here in Argentina. Our populist gobernment has implemented so many obstacles to import goods that the alternative to make mouth pieces is tempting.
boquilla.png

molde.png

I've designed and printed with flex filament a mouth piece.
Flex filament has a shore hardness of 98, too high.
I was thinking to use RTV silicone to cast them. I can remove the designed mouth piece from a cube and have a two parts mold.
I don't know the adecuate shore hardness that a silicone mouth piece has. I guess 50 ?
I can buy black RTV silicone of several shore hardness.
Why all the hassle, because every day it's harder to get spares down here in Argentina. Our populist gobernment has implemented so many obstacles to import goods that the alternative to make mouth pieces is tempting.
A shore hardness of 60 is fairly common among many silicone mouthpieces; rigid enough to maintain shape and to avoid any tearing . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom