Making Lemonade in SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a quick update on this. I just released two apps -- one on iOS and one on MacOS -- that do all the work needed for scanning and creating models. They are optimized for underwater use but run anywhere. The iOS app does the scanning and is called Reef Scan. The MacOS app -- which requires either Apple silicon or Intel with a GPU -- is called ReefBuild and it builds the models. This is a very fast solution for making models and both apps are free. I am in a soft release mode right now so if you use these, please contact me for any issues and leave a review if you like them. I have a bunch of improvements planned to support reef study and documentation.

Just a quick update on this. I just released two apps -- one on iOS and one on MacOS -- that do all the work needed for scanning and creating models. They are optimized for underwater use but run anywhere. The iOS app does the scanning and is called Reef Scan. The MacOS app -- which requires either Apple silicon or Intel with a GPU -- is called ReefBuild and it builds the models. This is a very fast solution for making models and both apps are free. I am in a soft release mode right now so if you use these, please contact me for any issues and leave a review if you like them. I have a bunch of improvements planned to support reef study and documentation.

Interesting.

I installed the ReefBuild app on a M1 laptop and pointed it at a folder with some JPGs for a model I built a while ago on Metashape. It said that "Data ingestion is complete" and "Beginning processing..." but then seems to have stalled.

If you want, DM me your contact details and we can troubleshoot offline.

Regards,

- brett

You must have been the group after me. I had the boat the 4-7th. We got blown out one day, the next week looked like it wouldn't happen. If it helps, the wreck is still there and still awesome.

Interesting.

I installed the ReefBuild app on a M1 laptop and pointed it at a folder with some JPGs for a model I built a while ago on Metashape. It said that "Data ingestion is complete" and "Beginning processing..." but then seems to have stalled.

If you want, DM me your contact details and we can troubleshoot offline.

Regards,

- brett
Brett, thank you for trying it! It works best with image data from the companion app, as that data includes depth map and gravitational(position) data that is used by the processing engine. This helps quite a bit with both the speed and the final quality of the model. So unfortunately to really test it you need to scan with ReefScan. I'm sending you my e-mail address in case you have further questions.

You must have been the group after me. I had the boat the 4-7th. We got blown out one day, the next week looked like it wouldn't happen. If it helps, the wreck is still there and still awesome.

Yeah, we just missed it. Maybe next year (although I already have 3 big trips planned for 2023).

- brett

Yeah, we just missed it. Maybe next year (although I already have 3 big trips planned for 2023).

- brett
Yep, I am planning another for next year as well. Thinking of hitting the Ozark and the Oriskany over a few days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom