Making a FFM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's going to be a challenge. How thick is the material? Is it polycarbonate?

Polycarbonate i dont know, the lense is about an 1/8 inch thick

is it flexible? I guess you could try to piece something together, but, I dunno. From looking at the photo, none of the existing visors will fit. Certainly not an Interspiro nor a Poseidon, although probably closer. What are you thinking of doing with this? Tooling around in the pool would be one thing, but if you're wanting to do much open water with it, you might want to consider a diving mask (FFM). I'm a fan of the Interspiro and OTS has a new mask out soon as well. With that said, have fun with the experimentation.

I wear a MSA air mask at work. I dont think your going to have fish eye vision.

Have you taken it underwater? Yeah, if it's round, you'll have a very distorted view. The refraction will give you a very wide angle view.

Yeah, it will be screwed up unless you can get a flat faceplate. A quick fix would be to just dive it in zero vizibilty water. No problems then...

LOL well 0ft vis wouldn't be too hard to find around here. The main use would probably be in the pool, im looking at getting into finding leaks and patching pools, not many people around here that do that and theres alot of pools.

I tried some RTV sealant and it wouldn't hold to well i think im gonna have to use an adhesive type material instead of just a sealant.

Back
Top Bottom