Make me a Phuket itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done the Sea Bee 4 dive trip - not so much a lot of diving in one day but getting dropped back to my hotel at midnight didn't really thrill me. Just looking at their webpage now I notice they have Nai Yang listed as a seperate option than Phuket....Nai Yang is three minutes from Phuket Airport ??? - marketing strategy I guess. FWIW I actually liked a half day diving at Nai Yang - cool little twice wrecked tin ship and a lovely bowl shaped Reef with far fewer divers...actually I was the only diver come to think of it and didn't see any other longtails out there. There's another option - jump in a cab up to Nai Yang for a second days after you've done King Cruiser/Shark Point/Anenome or KDM or Phi Phi.

I already answered your question about the best sites: do King Cruiser and Phi Phi.

Well, I did assume other folks might have their favorite to mention. :wink:

And yes, the 4 dives trip is nice, but it is a lot of diving on one day when you count the hotel transfers and divesite changes in as well.

When I have so few days to dive, I usually try to cram in as many as possible. I'm a glutton for punishment.

As to better to own, I beg to differ on that, but that may be for a different thread.

Think I'll stay out of that one. :outtahere:

Thanks for your help. I'll check out options and probably PM you or go on the web site to find out about possibilities.

When calculating "as much diving as possible", remember not to get too obsessed with counting dives. Not all dives are created equal.
When liveaboard diving in Thailand, we usually do 4 dives per day. The first dive is around 7:00 in the morning and the last around or just after sunset. Some of the more interesting sites are of course not suitable for sunset/night dives. Starting with the first dive at 7:00 allows nice surface intervals. When on a daytrip, the first dive will be later, surface intervals shorter, which further limits the last dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom