Make a name tag on your equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not sure what's that and how it works, google it and seem it's likely labeling printer for price tag etc. do u have any sample which it can use for labeling dive gears which is waterproof?

the label makers are available at most office supply stores, but be sure to get weatherproof lables, I have had weatherproof labels on my tanks for a couple of years, and they have hardly degraded at all. I do like Peter's idea of coating them with clear nailpolish, and by doing it that way, you could probably get away with a weatherproof label printed on a typical inkjet printer (the label printers are a little pricey for good ones).

That is what I did works great and holds up great I attach then with a SS key ring
On my fins and thing you would not put anything like that I use paint pens and write my name in them
DA agrees, but offers the suggestion of a Zip Tie, which I will agree with. The reason is a key type ring leaves the very remote possibility that fishing line could get trapped in it. Better safe than...

I found that some paint pens work better than others, but cleaning the oil off first with a solvent, seems to make them last. I painted my Jets many years ago with a white pen, and although yellow now, it is still easy to read and not flaking off. Fins are easy to swap around when a bunch of people have the same thing with just hardly different types of fin straps.

You can order these decals with you name on it diving decals.jpg

I have tried almost every imaginable way to keep my name on expensive dive gear over the years. I have used paint pens, labels, stickers, tags, engravings, and even some welded names. None of them have lasted more than just a few days and they were either unreadable or completely gone.

It might be that the real owners did not appreciate my name on their gear.:confused:

I mark a lot of my stuff (plastic second stages, spare hoses, etc.) with a (usually orange) paint pen, with either my name or initials in block letters. It's necessary to freshen up the letters every couple of seasons. Some things (backup lights, Al backplate, oxygen analyzer, etc.) I first "engrave" using a Dremel, and then use a paint pen to fill in the letters. This seems to last much longer before freshening is required.

Some things (gear bag, dry suit underwear, gloves, etc.) I mark using a permanent Sharpie marker. Sometimes, I'll first paint a small area using white fabric paint and then write my name/initials on this painted area with the Sharpie.

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

label maker and hold the label in place with shrink tubing on the hose.

there aer also electrical cable lebels. they are teflon or light plastic and are rigged to be hold on with small tie wraps

Another shot.gear labels 2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom