majuro and kwajalein diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im currently residing in Majuro, diving is great, the atoll of Arno is less than an hour boat ride away and is thriving. Should you have any questions I'm here. As for Kwaj you'll need a military host family on island to sponsor your trip very strict and hard to arrange. I have a 2 bedroom place in Majuro I'm open to some divers coming for a visit, I have tons of led, 8 AL 80's and access to a few small boats. Someone mentioned above that there are few if not any dive operations existing on island. The one that was at RRE has moved to The Marshall Islands Resort and rumor has it they've halted operations as of the other day. I know of a few instructors on island aswell who could run trips. A few private guys do tank fills $4.00
Kommol

Hi Danmcewan,

I dived last year in Majuro and Arno with the Japanese guys. Diving was really great. I am thinking may be to come again this year. So there is no more commercial operation?

Last edited:
It's interesting that this came up. I just wrote to RRE a few days ago and they told me that they were no longer offering diving. Majuro seems like a great location.

I also just heard back from the Marshall Islands Resort. They said that there were no longer any diving operations on the island.

Danmcewan, I might be interested in taking you up on that someday. I know you mentioned that your home is a possibility (which I am open to) but are you near any of the hotels/resorts in case I want to go with that option?

I am a teacher in Majuro and the diving is fabulous. Lots of wrecks, beautiful corals, fish, and sharks (on the ocean side... not so many in the lagoon). It is true that there are no organized dive operations, but there are a few folks that will take you out or organize a boat and guide you.

There are a few nice hotels: Reimers and MIR head the list. Be prepared for the poverty, it is very shocking when one considers the amount of money coming into this place.

It really is worth the trip and the diving is unbelievable.

We are going to Majuro in September. We'll be bringing our own gear minus tanks and weights. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Please post a trip report once you get back from Majuro. I'd be interested in going there if I can find a dive op.

I sure will. I don't know what to expect at this time. We are in the tropical fish business and where invited by our suppliers in Majuro. So we don't have any arrangements after the plane lands... we where invited to stay with them and dive with them. I kinda reckon, it will be a very interesting trip.....

The wife and I dove out there about 5 years ago. i think we were the last of the American type of visitors (wife is from japan but still does deep dives). the boat captain is still out there, but the shop owner left to go back to the states. there are tons of wrecks....the coral is super healthy, fish are abundant....the island isn't anything like say hawaii...the residents live certain life style that americans seem to stay away from. alot of the diving is deep...but if you get out there it's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom